Sunday, 25 July 2010

A Vintage Tilda

Hope you are all having a great weekend! I have stayed in most of the weekend but we did take my 2 girls to Stonehaven on Thursday to visit their Nana and Papa and we went swimming in the outdoor pool.
The kids loved it but it was soooo cold and I was tasting the salty water for hours afterwards lol.
We didn't get to the pool till 6.45pm and it closes at 7.30pm so we didn't have long there but it was just as well because we were all freezing lol. It was a nice evening and although the pool is heated, it was still freezing in the water. Apparently one of the pool heaters was broken but that didn't make much difference to the temprature of the water, it was just our own stupid fault for going swimming in an outdoor pool when the sun had gone lol.
Chiara hates showers (she loves having a bath but hates the water from the shower going in her eyes), but I have never seen her get into a shower so quick lol. She was shivering when she came out of the pool and I todl her the shower was lovely and hot.....well that was all that was needed to persuade her, she jumped in the shower and wouldn't come out lol.

Anyway enough of my swimming stories, I made a card for the vintage challenge at Just Magnolia, so better get on with showing you that.
I don't often do vintage cards but when I do, I really enjoy making them. I made an easel card and followed the sketch from the Simon Says Stamp challenge.



 The papers are all K&Co and I used some coffee coloured linen cardstock for the matting and the scalloped border. I distressed all the papers then inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.
Tilda is colored with Promarkers and I painted some distress crackle paint (clear rock candy) on the edges of the cardstock mat and dipped them in dazzling diamonds for a bit of bling.
All the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I added some stickles to them. I am also entering this card into the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge which is to use flowers, as is the Create 4 Fun challenge and Stamp SomethingPassion For Promarkers where the theme is Distressing and Your Next Stamp where they want to see easel cards.



I spent quite a bit of time making this card (mostly spent waiting for stickles and crackle paint to dry lol), because I wanted to add a little more details than I normally do.
The lace is from my stash and I tied a piece of white tulle (thank you Lisa xx) around it along with a little string of pearls, a flower on top and a beautiful pearl pin which a very special lady sent me. (thanks hun xx).


Sorry there is a few pics but wanted you to be able to see all the detail :)




I followed the sketch again for the base and added some of the same lace.
The sentiment stamp is by papermania and I found the little frame in my stash which fitted perfectly, it is glittered but you can't see it here.
And last but certainly not least is the beautiful butterfly to which I added a few tiny pearls along the body and a trail of pearls.
This stunning butterfly was given to me for my birthday by one of my DT girls at By The Cute and Girly. Geraldine sells these and loads more little bits like this in her Etsy store, Little Snippets
They are all handmade by her and she has many differnt designs, sizes and colours.
In her store at the moment, you will find butterflies, flowers, scrabook corners, baby prams, sweet little poodles, cupcakes, angels, and loads more, you really have to go see for yourself.
They are perfect for card and scrapbook pages but they can also be used on so much more. I made a little hairband and added a cute little pink butterfly on it and it looks so sweet (must get a pic of that).
You can use them on clothes, handbags, loads of sewing projects, altered items, decorate household items and so much more.
I have so many ideas in my head for these little beauties, just imagine how pretty you could make a little (or big) girls bedroom with these! Now the only question left is, what will YOU use them for ?

If you have got to the end of this post, then thank you for sticking with me lol.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of todays card and remember to pop over to Geraldines store, I know you will love what you find there.

18 comments:

Sue C said...

Gorgeous card Lora, the vintage style is just stunning. Thanks for joining us at PfP.Sue C x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lora, what a pretty card. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous papers and distressing. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Kim said...

Lora this is so beautiful hun! Your vintage Tilda is adorable and such delish papers!!! Lovely floral treatment..great work! My favorite part is that gorgeous butterfly!!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Ellie said...

What a beautiful card Lora. Every detail is just perfect. The papers are beautiful.
I love vintage but don't do it very often either.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Lora,
There is just so much to admire in this card. It's beautiful. Love the colour scheme & all the wonderful detail. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx

gerslittlesnippets said...

WOW! Lora, thank you for showcasing my butterfly so beautifully. It is great to see him released into the world! That little pin is gorgeous.
Geraldine x

TG said...

Stunning card Lora, i adore that butterfly.
Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

debs said...

Hey chick...beautiful card..well worth all the extra effort :-)
thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x

Julie said...

Beautiful card - I adore your papers and colour scheme!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week! Juliexx

coldwaters2 said...

This is gorgeous Lora you have teamed up my two most favourite things which is Vintage and Tilda and boy have you done a good job as well I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Emma said...

Wow such a beautiful card Lora, gorgeous colours and details.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk

Lisa Jane said...

wow Lora - its really beautiful. Tilda suits the vintage theme . great use of the tulle lol
Happy crafting this week
Lisa ;)

Kate said...

Lovely card lora.

** Kate **

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Lora, beautiful work and sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Lora. Love the sweet tilda image you've used and wonderful details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Anja's KortKreasjoner said...

Such a cute card. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week.
Hugs Anja

BonnieRose said...

this is such a cute card, thks for participating this week in our STAMP SOMETHING CHALLENGE..

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous card and lovely vintage theme! Thanks so much for joining us at YNS Challenge :o)
Hugs,
Cabio