Sunday 8 February 2009

Spoon full of Sugar challenge

Another challenge card today this time for a spoon full of sugar.


This was another easy card to make but I like the way it turned out.


I liked working with this sketch because it was quite a simple layout but had loads of scope for adding your own personal touches if you wanted to.


I followed the sketch basically as it was except for my image being smaller and adding the little flourish, but I don't think it needs anything else?
The flowery paper is from the Laura Ashley traditional pack and the blue paper is a kind of damask design I got for free off the internet a while ago but I can't remember where from. I printed it onto pearlescent paper to give it a bit of a sheen. I have printed it on plain paper before but I like it best on the pearlescent paper.
The image, sentiment and also the flourish stamps are all from a set I got free in a magazine. How cool is that!
I think the little birdies are sooo cute and they could be used for lots of occasions.
You could leave out the heart for general birthday etc or just use 1 bird for "a little birdie told me" .....etc etc


It is so cold here but at least it hasn't snowed today. There is still plenty snow lying but hopefully it will clear up soon because although the kids love it and it's pretty to look at, I hate it!
Hope it's a bit warmer where you are

hugs
Lora

No comments: