Monday 15 June 2009

My 2nd DT card for today

I'm back from the hospital and Liam is back at school. He is not sick or anything, he has ADHD and has to see a psychologist at the Children's hospital every few months just to check that he is on the right dose of medication etc. But everything is fine with him so we were only there for about 20 mins. Just thought I would explain that because I didn't say before why he had to go to hospital and I got a few emails asking if he was ok.
Right on to my Squigglefly card. This week the challenge set by Rhonda is a colour combo of pink, black and 1 other colour of your choice and you also have to use 2 flowers and 2 brads.
I kept this one really simple as it's a smaller card than I normally make.For my 3rd colour I chose grey/silver and I used my artistic license on her hair and skin lol. Didn't think her hair would look very good black or grey. This squigglefly image reminds me of my 4 year old Daughter Chiara, she would sleep anywhere and often falls asleep sitting up like this...bless her.
The paper I have used for both the top and the bottom is actually just one sheet of designer paper. I'm not sure who makes it as my lovely friend Stef sent me it. The velvety ribbon I think was some I won in a blog candy a while back and the flowers were again made with my nesties, which I squashed again in the scanner. Just humour me please and pretend all the petals are lifted and not all squashed lol. I also used 2 flower brads from my stash. I think I actually remembered to use everything I was ment to this week!
Please do hop over to the Squigglefly blog and see what the other girls have made. You will see all of Rhonda's teams cards on the challenge blog but remember Kim's team (the one I am in) all have their cards on just their own blogs this week.
Thanks for looking
Lora x

9 comments:

Stef H said...

this is absolutely adorable. the paper is by TAC and called "uptown girl".

glad to hear Liam is ok. you work is beautiful. you are definitely growing and i'm so proud of you.

hugs,

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lora,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Marjanne said...

Beautifull card and happy to hear Liam is ok!

coldwaters2 said...

Great card Lora love that image and the papers fabby job. I am glad to here that Liam is ok.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Holly Young said...

Lora, what a sweet little card you've made! I think your flowers are great and your coloring is wonderful!

bumblebee creations said...

I love this card and the image is adorable!!! Thanks for playing along this week.

Tina said...

hey there - this is a super cute card.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

such a cute image and a pretty card. janex

Ali Dantre said...

Hi ya Lora hun. sorry iv not been over. have been back to work and not had much time to hop sweetheart. Hope you and kids are fine. This card is such a cutie. I see you been biz hun.

Hugs
Lisa.xxx