Monday 16 November 2009

Miss Anya does Sketch and Stash

I really am a bad blogger! I haven't posted on here since last Tuesday!! Not that I haven't been making anything or have nothing that I could post, because I have loads of stuff to post including some blog candy, but I just haven't been able to get photo's of anything because of this miserable weather!
So today I was adamant that I would post something so I went and scanned one of the cards I made that didn't have so much sticky out embelishments on it. As usual it is a rubbish pic but at least I am posting something lol.
I followed the sketch from Sketch and Stash. I did just have to pop over there and check that I could still enter as I have had the card made for about 5 days lol, so thought I might be late but lucky for me it's a fortnightly challenge :)


The papers are Stampin Up! I wasn't sure about these papers when I ordered them and just ordered for the sake of ordering really (you can never have enough designer papers, right?), but I am loving them now, although this scan does them no justice. They actually have a more creamy colour base but it looks more yellow here.
The gorgeous image is of course Miss Anya which the lovely Heather (Rica) stamped for me a few months ago. I've been hoarding them lol. I coloured her with Copics and added some flower soft on the muff and some stickles on her fur trim around her coat and boots.
Blue flowers are Prima and the little white ones are from Ebay. I got a huge lot of flowers for a few pounds, so you will be seeing loads of them over the next few weeks. I attacked them all with more stickles. The pretty snowflake is a glittered wooden one that I bought at HobbyCraft last week, and I added a little pearl in the centre. And finally the sentiment is from a freebie stamp set I got in a magazine.
I am going to try get a pic of my blog candy after my lunch so I can put it on my blog today, so remember to pop back for that. Also there is a new challenge over at Cute Daisy May today. The girls have all made beautiful cards so pop over there to see them too. The challenge this week is texture.

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting me even though I must be the worse blogger ever! lol.

Lora x

17 comments:

Holly Young said...

Sweet card! Love your coloring and the glitter you've added! Great layout!

Chrissie said...

What a gorgeous card Lora, love those papers!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lora,

Love that image and the papers are lovely.
I have been taking my pictures under the spot lights in my kitchen becuase the day light has been so bad!!

Hugs Ali x

HazelQ said...

Beautiful card Lora, the paper looks gorgeous. It's a shame that you can't take pictures, I struggle with the same thing, now I've decided to buy a lamp and mount a mini studio, I'll let you now how it goes, maybe you can try and do the same thing :)
Hugs
Hazel

helencreaty1 said...

waw i love this card, actually ilove the anya stamp for me they are sweetest stamps =),i love also the papers you used,in my country is very difficult to find cardstok ..and i ll bereally happy if i could use that kind of papers ,lol =D
hugsssssss
helen

Unknown said...

Hi Lora,
Love this card. Those colours are beautiful and the image is just way too cute.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Beryl said...

This is lovely Lora and those papers are really gorgeous. How could you bear to actually use them?
Beryl xx

Carole RB said...

Hi Lora

Great card!

pinky said...

Lovely card Lora, those dps are gorgeous, definitely a good buy.
Pinky

Kimmie said...

Hi Lora;

The picture and the card you've making are awesome!
Very sweet.

XXX Kim

Rufus said...

6 lashes with a wet noodle for being a "bad blogger!" LOL. Just hope you're feeling better. Love the card and those paper are delicious.
R/

Anonymous said...

sweet card, love the blue x

Sol said...

Cute card! :) The stamp image is also very cute! Lovely colours... The papers are beautiful as well.. Great colouring job! :)

Beccy said...

Hiya Lora - great card love those papers, glad im not the only one whose having problems taking photos at the moment mine seem to get worse by the day.

Hugs Beccy x

Becky said...

Gorgeous card Lora, so cute!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lora :-) I have just bought this stamp,,, isn't she cute ! :-) i love the papers and all the sparkle too :-)

Thanks for joining the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Jill said...

beautiful card Lora thanks for joining us at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx