Happy New Year everyone. Hope are all having a fabulous day.
It's time for another By The Cute and Girly challenge and this month the theme is "New"- new year, new baby, new house etc.
The girls have came up with some fabulous samples again this month so head on over to the challenge blog for lots of eye candy and inspiration.
I have 4 DT projects to show today so this will be a long post (just warning ya in case you want to run away now lol).
My first make is a new baby card.
I followed the sketch over at Mojo Monday which translated great onto a square card (the sketch uses a rectangle card base).
The image I used for this one is from Squigglefly and I coloured her with the usual Copics.
I can't remember where the papers are from but they are both from the same pack.
The chipboard embellishments are by Me and My Big Ideas and lace and velvet are from my stash.
The next make is a little wedding treat bag.
I found the instructions for this on Splitcoast Stampers and just tweaked it a little.
I used Kraft card from Stampin Up for the base and the designer paper is also SU, which I punched with my Fiskars border punch.
The handle is made using the SU scalloped border punch and although you can't see it in this pic, it does have a strip of the same designer paper on it too.
I just finished it off with some bits from my stash and a fancy Mcgill corner punch.
I also made a little wedding box, which is a little bit bigger than the bag. I'm not sure where the instructions for this box came from as I had just jotted the instructions down in my notebook ages ago and found it while tidying up, but I changed the measurements anyway because the ones I had wrote down didn't work very well.
No matter what I did I just couldn't get a photo of this that didn't look grainy.
I just used plain shimmery very light lilac cardstock for this and then stamped all over in white with an Anna Griffin background stamp then embossed with clear powder. It really shows up much better in real life. I just added a sticker from my stash to embellish as I wanted to keep it quite simple. I think I will go try get another pic of this now that there is light as I took it late last night.
My final project is some coasters that I altered. I did 2 sets (1 gold, 1 silver) but have only showed 1 of each colour so I didn't have to take loads of pics. No I hear you saying how does this fit the "new" theme? Well, I thought they would make a nice gift for someone who has just got a new house :)
These were really hard to photograph especially as I took the photo's at night, and you can't really see how they look in real life.
I was going to just stamp them with Stazon as it would be the easier option, but I really wanted to use white ink on the gold because the black looked a bit harsh and I don't have any white Stazon. And I wanted a bit of texture which I wouldn't of got with just stamping with Stazon.
So on the gold one, I stamped with white ink then embossed with clear powder and it worked great so I decided I would be a little more adventurous with the silver. I stamped on the silver with black pigment ink and embossed as before then I painted the whole thing with Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint. In this photo, it just looks as if it is all scratched (my pants photography again)but in real life it has lots of little cracks all over.
Both of the stamps I used are from an Inkadinkadoo clear stamp set.
Well I think that's enough from me for one day. I hope you will go check out all the stuff that the other girls have made this month, and remember to check back at the challenge blog later today to see who won last months challenge.