Tuesday 20 July 2010

Digital Tuesday - Happy Birthday

Good morning, hope the weather is nice where you are! The sun is shining here just now, but we have had nothing but rain for the last few days sowho knows if the sun will stay.

It's Lorraine's turn to host the challenge at Digital Tuesdayand she has chose a nice easy one for us - "Happy Birthday". We all need birthday cards on hand so I'm sure there will be a lot of entries this week.
Our sponsor this week is Delicious Doodles who also offered the design team some of their images to work with. So here's what I done with one of their sweet images.


What a hard time I had trying to get a pic of this card yesterday! I took it in the afternoon and had to take it indoors because it was raining and there was just no light anywhere in the house!
I used some more papers from the My Mind's Eye stack that I used on yesterdays card.
I followed the sketch at Create For Fun but I rotated it to suit my image. As I said the cute image is from Delicious Doodles nad I coloure dit with Promarkers and added some Stickles to the spots on the pressie which you might see betterin the last pic below.
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts which I added some Stickles too, pin, lace and ribbon are all from my stash (the ribbon I threaded through the glittery lace is actualy pink but it looks more red here).
I 3d' the puddy cat, been doing this on a lot of my cards lately and I quite like the effect it gives.

I know this is a silly angle to take a card at lol, but it shows the dimension a little better.
And one last pic because it shows the glitter on the image and flowers a little better, and just because I think the cat is cute lol.



That's it from me for now. I'm going swimming with my 2 girls later (hopefully they will let us in the pool because you are supposed to have an adult for each child under 10 and there is only me!), so I probably won't have another post today, but I will be back tomorrow with a sketch for the daily post at Bella Studio....after I have made it that is !!

Thanks for stopping by and if you decide to leave a comment then thank you for that too :)


6 comments:

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what a cutie. I love the digi you've used...
xxx Anne-Marije

Ellibelle said...

This is adorable Lora. The image is too cute! Great coloring and I love those papers.
Hope you'll have some more sunny days!

Kristine Reynolds said...

Great card Lora! Love that little kitty and the angle you took that second picture is a great way to show those layers!

Maria Matter said...

HI Lora!
Beautiful card...love those flowers!
take care
hugs & blessings!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Lora, love it.
luv
Debby

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fabulous card Lora.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx