Tuesday 18 October 2011

Digital Tuesday- Happy Halloween

 

Well another week has flown past, and it’s time for another Digital Tuesday challenge, but before I get to that, I would like to just say a huge thank you to everyone who has visited my blog lately and left me comments. After loosing most of my crafty stuff and having to start my stash from scratch again, my confidence in my card making abilities had kind of vanished, so to get all those lovely encouraging comments and emails, really makes a difference and I am really enjoying crafting again Smile So a huge thank you to you all!!

 

This weeks challenge was chosen by Anneke and it is “Happy Halloween”.

Our sponsor this week is Doodle Pantry who are offering the winner their choice of 3 products from the Doodle Pantry store, and Laurie also gave the design team her Birdie Bat digi set to use for the challenge if they wanted to use it.

I like to support our sponsors by using their images/papers etc whenever possible, after all the challenge blog wouldn’t be nearly as popular as it is without the prizes from our sponsors, so I used the image and a sentiment from the Birdie Bat set.

 

20111017_1

This card is smaller than I normally do (it’s a 5x5 and I normally make 6x6”), so I didn’t have room to add my normal pile of embellies lol.

I used some Bo Bunny Halloween papers and distressed the edges with my scissors (no fancy tools used here lol), the image was coloured with Promarkers and then cut out. You can’t really see in this pic but I cut into the image around his tummy and head with tiny little snips to make his feathers look fluffy lol. I kinda like the effect this gives.

As I said, the sentiment is from the same set (you get a few and also papers and a coloured version of the image) and I added some black sticky back gems that I got in my local (well used to be local, now it’s like 30 miles away, so not so local! lol) poundland store. You get a whole sheet for a pound, 2 strips of small gems like I used on the top corner, 2 strips of larger ones and 2 strips of the border ones like I used on the bottom of my card. I think that’s great value since a tiny square of sticky back gems in the craft shops here are around £3!!

 

I am entering this card into these challenges

DYSU- Use your scraps

Simons Says Stamp Challenge- Halloween/Goth

 

Lora x

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh lol.. this is fun! -I love it!
Lisa x

WencheP said...

Very cool - great image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Rufus said...

He's cute and does look a touch fluffy!
R/

Christine said...

Oh how cute!! I love that image. It's so funny with the mask over his eyes!! Great coloring too!!
Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Ren-Yi said...

Super fun Halloween creation! I love the coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute Halloween card! Love all the purple!