Friday 15 June 2012

Cute as a Button

I have a sick little girl at home today.  I think she may have tonsillitis :( Her throat is really sore, she's finding it hard to swallow and her body is aching. Poor baby, she's only 7 and I know how sore tonsillitis is because I used to always get it as a kid. On top of that, she has a sore tummy and feels sick, so no school for her today. She's just laying on the sofa just now having a nap, so I thought I would pop on here and get my dt post done for By The Cute and Girly.

The challenge theme this month is "Cute as a Button" and as always you can enter with any craft.

 Sorry about the pants pics again, I really need to get a day lamp for taking pics as it's so dull here lately.
I used a freebie image from Saturated Canary that Krista gave away on her facebook page a few weeks back. I love Krista's images and they are so much fun to colour.
I coloured the little cutie with Copics and went with bright fun colours for a change.
The papers I have used are Hot Off The Press and I think First Edition, but I could be totally wrong about that as I got the pink one from a friend.
The ribbon was in my stash and I have no idea where it came from, think it might of been in a pack of cheap embellies I bought ages ago. It was yellow and didn't really go with my image, so I coloured it with a Copic to match my image.
I have no idea who makes the flower I used today as I bought them from a blogging friend a while back. These flowers tend to sit a bit funny sometimes, so I stuck some of it in behind the image and stuck a button on top.
Flourish was cut with a MFT die, buttons from my stash and the bakers twine is by American Crafts.


 I love this cute image and had fun colouring her, but I am looking for new colouring card/paper again as I bought x-press blending card the last time and although I do like how it blends, after a few layers of ink, the ink starts to sit on top of the paper and goes all shiny and weird. It's such a shame because I would love this paper if it took more ink.
Oh well, time to do some more paper testing lol. I think my fave so far is Neenah, although it does sometimes bleed a bit.
I've heard that Gina K's paper is good, but I can't get that here and also Cryogen white from the Paper Temptress is supposed to be great, but I have never been able to get my hands on some of that either......why is shipping costs to the UK soooo expensive!!??
Any paper/card suggestions, please let me know. Finding a good paper for markers surely can't be this hard?? lol

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you will go check out the challenge:)





No comments: