Tuesday 19 March 2013

Digital Tuesday -Easter and save some pennies on a crafty shop this week!

I'm back with my dt card for Digital Tuesday where the challenge theme is Easter.
This is actually the first Easter card I have made this year (yeah I know I am way behind everyone else! lol).
Our sponsor this week is Your or Mine Paper Crafts who is offering a $10 gift certificate for her store.
For a change, this  is not a digital sponsor. She has lots of lovely goodies in her store from the likes of Spellbinders, The Greeting Farm, Hero Arts, Lawn Fawn, MME, Making Memories and loads more!
And as well as giving away a $10 gift certificate to our winner, she is also offering 20% off in store while the challenge is running! So why not pop over to the challenge blog and see all the details.


On to my card.


I used an image from The Greeting Farm and coloured it with a mix of Copics and Promarkers.
I know it's a boy image, but who ever says that your can't use a boy on a girly card?
The papers are My Minds Eye, and I cut a few bits from the elements page that comes in the pad- all the paper flowers and the border strip. I think it makes a nice change to what I normally do with embellishments, and it's super cheap too! :)
I had to use "proper" flowers too though or else I would be having withdrawal symptoms lol. All the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
I also used some pom pom trim which I got in a local craft shop months ago and a piece of lace.
I've never really been a fan of bright colours, but I must admit that I'm loving them just now. I would of never    normally bought the green rose, but it came in a mixed pack and I really like it. I think it's perfect for a Spring/Easter card. Nice and bright and cheery :) Just what I need since it's still snowing here and sooo cold!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Be sure to check out the Digital Tuesday Challenge blog and see what the rest of the design team made and of course check out the discount from Yours or Mine Paper Crafts! :)

7 comments:

Brigitte said...

So cute Lora!!! Love the little boy on your feminine card! So perfect! Hugs, Brigitte

~ Barb said...

I love WOC flowers and that green one really works with your Easter card. And I think he makes a very cute Easter treat, lol.
{Hugs} Barb

Lisa Jane said...

oh he is so cute and doesn'y look out of place o that card
Lisa x

Amy Johnson said...

What a sweet card!

Shelly said...

Lora, this is adorable. Its been a long time. I'm hoping to do some crafting and blogging soon. Shelly

Jaspere said...

Lora, this is just adorable. Hope to do some crafting myself soon. Shelly

Alberto said...

Hello Lora!!!

wow! this is a asuper cute and adorable easter card! the image of TGF is amazing and your colouring is fantastic! everything is amazing!

hugs, alby