Saturday 7 March 2009

Birthday card and High Hopes challenge

It's Barry's birthday on the 17th so I thought I would get a head start on his cards, for those of you who don't know, Barry is my partner and my girls Dad. I always struggle making Men's cards but I quite enjoyed making this one.

I was going through my images and found a little elephant which I got from someone in a Yahoo group (again) and thought he would be a good starting point. I was later blog hopping and ended up on the High Hopes challenge blog and noticed the same elephant on a card. I don't have any High Hopes stamps and had no idea that the elephant was from High Hopes so when I found out I just had to do their current challenge, which is That Fuzzy Feeling. I don't have any flock powder or anything else like that so I used some fuzzy fibres.The paper is by K&co and the dark blue card I used the swiss dots folder in my cuttlebug. I seem to be using my cuttlebug a lot less lately, must get some new folders and start using it more. The frame paper the image is on was from a friend a while ago. I think it was part of a set for something but I thought it would go nicely with the dp.The sentiment is a rub on.
I had no idea where to put the fibres as I had already made the card before I decided to do the challenge so I just wrapped it round the bottom. Not sure if it looks ok but never mind it's done now.
I would love to know what you think of this one because I really do struggle making male cards.
Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend.
Hugs Lora x

1 comment:

Susie Sugar said...

Oh I love this card its so cute xx