Sunday 15 March 2009

cupcake craft and sketch saturday

I have finally figured out how to use my camera!! I wouldn't say the pics I take are great but it's a start.

Todays card is for the Cupcake Craft Challenge which is Spring and also for Sketch Saturday.
I was going to use bright Spring colours but changed my mind at the last minute and decided to go with pink and just a hint of yellow and green, but I did use lots of flowers because that's what came to mind when I thought of Spring and also there are some birds on the embossed piece because I thought about new chicks being born, although chicks have nothing to do with these completely different birds but it made sense in my head lol. I don't think you can even see any of the birds because I have covered them all up with paper, so really there was no point mentioning the birds at all lol.







I got this cute image from Donna at Donna's Doodles (thanks hun) it's coloured with copics as usual. The papers are Magenta and Cosmo Cricket and the embossed paper was some I got from a friend that she had put through her cuttlebug before I bought my one. I used pink chalk to rub over the embossing with my finger (no fancy tools here lol) so the embossing shows a bit more although I don't know if you can see the pink very well here as it is very subtle.Most of the flowers are from a bunch I bought in the £ shop which I just took all the petals off. Everything else if from my stash.


Here's a close up of the image and flowers. I also used some bead sprays off some old bunches of flowers and put them in behind the biggest flower just to add some interest. Don't suppose they are of any interest to anyone else lol but I like them.






Well that's it for today. Hope you are all having a fab Sunday.

Please leave a comment to let me know you have been then I can come visit you too :)

Huggies Lora

2 comments:

Riet said...

wowww lora,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

craft mad Jenny said...

wow, this is so lovely, gorgeous colours, great card,

jenny