Tuesday 23 June 2009

Digital Tuesday Challenge 12 Use Your Scraps

Sorry for the late post today, I had an appointment at the hospital with Chiara this morning to get her nose checked as she keeps getting bad nose bleeds so thought I would do this post when I got back but just got in the door at the phone went. It was Liams's school saying he had been in an accident and I had to go get him. When I got there they told me it wasn't an accident, he had been hit by another kid. He was sitting in the medical room with an ice pack on his face and his head teacher warned me it was bad before she took the ice pack off to show me. He has a big swollen bruise and a some grazes beside his eye, so I had to take him to the hospital to get it checked out as it was the eye he got the stick fired into a few weeks ago. They took x-rays but nothing is broken so thats good. The doctor said the swelling will get much worse though.
So my day has been spent at the hospital!
I will post a pic of Liam later if he lets me take one lol.

Now onto my DT card for Digital Tuesday. This weeks the challenge is to use your scraps. Now if you are anything like me, you will have tons of scraps, so why not join in with this weeks challenge and use some of them up.

Our sponsor this week is Squigglefly who are giving the winner 3 of their digital images, so I have used one of my Squigglefly images called Pixie on my card. This is the 2nd time I have used this cutie in the last few weeks (I think I used it 2 weeks ago for my Squigglefly DT card), but I think she is so sweet, don't you?
I know my background paper is DCWV but I can't remember who makes the other two as they were just really small scraps. My flowers are Prima and punched ones using my new Dovecraft punch. Everything else is from my stash.
I am also entering this card into Friday Sketchers as I followed this weeks sketch.
I hope you will join in this week and thank you to everyone who joined in with last weeks challenge, all the entries were fab.
Now I'm off to nurse my little boys face. Ok well stick a bag of frozen something on it, then try to catch a pic of him lol.

Lora x

9 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lora,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

beautiful card Lora, great colours and i really like the lace you have used its fab.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lora this is gorgeous love your design and colours and the added lace and that image is so cute.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Stef H said...

now that's a little fashion plate. absolutely adorable.

hugs,

Holly Young said...

Lora, I love your card. The lace is just such a wonderful addition. I'm so sorry about Liam! I saw your other post with the pictures and yowzers he took quite a punch! I definitely think you should talk to the other boys parents, but I know also how hard that can be. Emotions run high on both sides and sometimes going to the police and letting them handle it is best. Saying a prayer for Liam!

bumblebee creations said...

gorgeous!! I love this image!! I think it was one of the very first ones I purchased! Great card!

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Lora, beautiful card. Love the image and colours you hve used. very pretty. Nice touch with the flourish.

Bless you.

Hugs
Lisa.xx

Chris said...

Yikes - I hope the kids are feeling well, it's always a worry for us moms!

Your card is so lovely. I love the touch of lace especially. Thanks for playing along with the Friday Sketchers this week - I'm so excited to be the sponsor and am having so much fun visiting everyone!

Unknown said...

oh really funny and so beautiful. the image is so fantastic and wonderful coloured.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
hugs, bea