Tuesday 18 August 2009

Digital Tuesday - Male cards!

The challeneg this week at Digital Tuesday is "Male Cards" and we have a wonderful sponsor this week, Regina from The Cutting Cafe who if offering the winner 3 of her sets of the winners choice! The cutting Cafe has some fab cutting files and digital stamp sets that you can check out here.
Regina was also very generous and gave our design team some of her shaped cutting files to play with for this challenge. A lot of girls have used the star but I chose to use the half circle. I also made a card with the frame shape because I really liked that one too.

I tried something different (again) with this card, obviously the shape is different to what I normaly do lol, but I mean with the image. I printed out 2 of the cute squirrels from Digital Stamp Oasis, coloured the first one and part of the other and cut one out with a large scallop cirle nestie and the other with one of the smaller ones then lined the smaller one up and stuck it on top with some silicone glue, so it's 3d. I really like the way it turned out. What about you?
The papers are K&Co and I inked them all and also my card base and around my image too.I love the shape of this one. Think you might be seeing a few cards like this from me!
The papers are all downloads from Summer Driggs. If you visit me often you will know that I love her papers and use them a lot. The cute monkey is from Mo's Digital pencill. I love Mo's work. If you haven't checked her out, you don't know what your missing. Seriously her work rocks! The Worlds Best and Son are were freebies from a magazine which I just cut out and stuck out and for the sentiment I just cut out some dp into a badge kind of shape and wrote on it with a white gel pen.

I usually have a real hard time with male cards but with these shaped cards it makes it so much easier because you don't need to put a lot on them to make them look good.
I can't wait to see all your male cards this week. The entries for Ellie's sketch last week were wonderful and I am so glad I pick the winner at random because I would have such a hard time trying to choose between them!
Thanks for stopping by today, hope you like what you see.

Lora x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow hun you really have you mojo working overtime!!

Loving the scallop circle idea on the squirrel thats awesome....fab cards hun x

Holly Young said...

Great cards Lora!