Monday 24 August 2009

A very quick Christmas card

I made a quick Christmas card yesterday with one of the new craft stamps from Janlynn.
I have to admit though that I totally messed it up because I had planned on using both sides of a 12x12 paper but I stuck a bit down the wrong way so now all the card is the same paper! Ah well you win some, you lose some lol. I think simple cards like this are ideal if you have to make a batch of cards like lots of us do at Christmas though. It takes too long to make loads of cards with lots of layers and embelies on especially if your like me and normally start your Christmas cards in December lol.

This is a small card so I didn't want to pile the embelishments on so I just used a few pearls from my stash (sorry they look really blurry and a bit weird here).
This stamp is from Janlynn's new Stamps Happen holiday line and is called Christmas Bird & gifts which you can see here. Very original name I thought lol. Isn't this little birdie cute though?
I paper pieced the whole thing except fot the white bits.
I coloured on some of the presents with my Copics just so they didn't all look the same and used a white pen for a few bits too.
The glittery ribbon is from a huge lot of different ribbons I got on Ebay. I won a large envelope full (the largest bubble ones) for under £3 including postage!
Right I'm off to bed and will be back in the morning with my card for Digital Tuesday.

Lora x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very pretty!! Really love your colors!! HUGS

Donna said...

Hi Lora! There are never any mistakes. Just new creative possibilities! The card is very cute! Hope all is well with you! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

quick & cute Lora x

coldwaters2 said...

lol oh Lora I think that happens to us all sticking the paper on wrong...well it does with me lol. Is it me or are you a bit quiet at the moment I don't seem to visit you as much lately or maybe I have just missed your postings...great card.

Hugs
Lorraine x