Monday 15 March 2010

Cute Daisy May -Anything Goes

It's ttime for another challenge over at Cute Daisy May and this week Anything Goes, so you can use any colours and any theme you like :)
I chose to use a Daisy May kitty because I had it sitting coloured just waiting to be used, and I followed the sketch over at Create For Fun.


Isn't this little puddy cat adorable? I coloured her with Polychromos pencils and Sannsodor. The papers are from a Paper Cellar wedding stack, but I think they work well for any kind of card.
The flowers are a mix from my stash and the ribbon is from my local haberdashery. I made a faux bow to finish it off. The flowers look a bit out of place here as they look more pink than everything else, but that's just my pants photography skills! In real life, the ribbon, papers and the bow on the cat are a little more pink than they are showing here.
I added a "Happy Mothers Day" sentiment to this card after I had photographed it and sent it to Barry's Mum, so I hope she likes it. She is not really into flowery stuff so I thought this would be ok to give her.

Now since it's an open challenge this week, I hope lots of you will join in with this one. Linnie has some lovely new sheets over in the Cute Daisy May store and also a fab freebie, but although we like seeing entries using Cute Daisy May images, you don't have to use one, you can use whatever you like, digital or rubber stamps :)

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day yesterday if you are in the UK! I got a new sewing machine from my kiddies :) Guess what I will be playing with for the next few days lol.
I will be back tomorrow with my Digital Tuesday card and maybe a card to show for Barry's birthday if I ever get it made.  His birthday is on Wednesday so I'd better get it done!

Thanks for popping by to see what I  have been up to.

8 comments:

Juls said...

awhhhh just so so cute!! Hugs Juls

pinky said...

I just adore you card this week Lora.
Pinky

Hannapanna said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the image and the papers you used! :)

coldwaters2 said...

Love this card so much Lora the colours are ace just upset I couldn't join in but I am getting my printer swapped tomorrow so should be ok if all goes well glad you had a lovely Mothers day and please wish Barry Happy Birthday from me.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Stef H said...

hey lora! this is a darling image and your card is just stunning.

hugs :)

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I think that puddy cat is adoreable too Lora, your card is so very pretty, I'm sure Barry's Mum loved it, I would have. janex

Ellibelle said...

This is so sweet Lora. Love the image. I am sure Barry's mom will love it.
How fun for you to get a new sewing machine, have fun with it.

Anne-Marije said...

What a very fab card.
Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije