Monday 19 April 2010

Box for stamped images

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days but it's not that I haven't been crafting, I have done quite a few DT projects but I can't show them yet.
I got some images the other day from Debbie who is on my DT at By The Cute and Girly (thanks Debs xx) and I wanted to make a box of some sort to put them in along with any others I may get in the future, so I went blog hopping and found a few boxes and folders but they were either really complicated (no pics lol) or done with a scor pal which I don't have, then I finally found something that would be perfect but when I tried to find it later when I sat down to make it, I couldn't find the tutorial!!! typical lol.
I knew what it looked like but just didn't know the measurements so I had a play around and finally figured out how to make it :) I still want to get some velcro or magnets to keep the lid closed but here is is for now.




 It's quite a nice size and holds a good lot of images. It has 8 or 9 little sections inside so you could have a section for each stamp company or different holidays etc.
I used SU! kraft cardstock and decorated it with some paper that I also got from Debs. (sorry don't know who makes it)
My ds tape ran out in the middle of making this so I had to finish ot with glue and now that it has all dried it looks ok but it was still wet when I took these pics and the paper looks all bumpy.

I just did an accordian fold on each of the side panels and stuck some cardstock inside each fold to make the sections inside.
Here's what the side looks like.


 I thought this would be difficult but the base was really quite easy after I discovered that I would need to join 2 pieces of card together to make it long enough.
I did the sides first and put in the pieces of card to make the "pockets" inside then wraped the card around that to see how long I would need it and where to score.


The image I have used is called "Tess" and is one of Stef's (Glitterbabe) digital images that she gave me for my birthday :)
I ordered a set of 10 Promarkers with some of my birthday money just to give them a try as I am missing my Copics sooooo much but I just can't afford to buy a load of them right now so I thought O would give the Promarkers a go since they are cheaper and this is my first attempt.
I have to admit that I don't like them as much as my Copics,  but maybe with a bit more practice I might get better with them and like them just as much.
I have been playing around making my own flowers again:) A few people have asked me how I made these last time so if I have time I will give a quick explanation next time if I remember.

Thanks for visiting




11 comments:

pinky said...

Great accordian file Lora and very handy for that purpose. Know what you mean about promarkers, I too love copics best.
Pinky

brenda said...

Hi Lora

A great idea and love the colours.

Another copic girl here.

B x

Blue Daisy said...

This is great! Good design and a brilliant idea! Love it!

tracyx

Hannapanna said...

Ooo, I love this one. :) Great with the sections inside. Maybe you should do a tutorial? ;) Love the flowers and a very cute image. Hugs

Mina said...

this is fabulous Lora, I must have a go at making one of these as they look really handy
Mina xxx

Stef H said...

lora, lora, lora! this is fabulous! i love it! and the image looks wonderful on it too! wow! thank you.

coldwaters2 said...

What a great idea Lora great work love the colour and that image the flowers have that real shabby look which I just love.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Rufus said...

Great file! Good job on figuring it out on your own.
R/

Debs said...

hey chick..fab idea :-)
...papers are Clare Curds Signature from PM...Debs x

Juls said...

such a fab idea, and so very gorgeous! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab idea Lora - i love it!
Lisa ;)