Thursday 11 November 2010

Charisma DT Card

We have had thunder here all last night and this morning and I need to go to Tesco for a few things before taking the kids to school but I can't get a taxi for another hour at least because of this weather! Normaly I phone and it's at my door in about 3 minutes but everyone must be booking taxi's  today because of this weather and there is no way I am walking there lol. So while I am waiting I thought I would write this post :)

Anyway at Charisma Cardz this week it's Leah's turn to choose the challenge and she wants us to make a sympathy card.
I have only ever made 2 sympathy cards before and I must admit that I really don't like making them because I think sympathy cards should be clean and simple but I am useless and CAS cards.
But I had a go and this is what I came up with.



 The colours look a bit off here espacially the angel, but it's a lot better than some of  the other cards I have posted lately where my scanner has totaly changed the colour of everything!
I am rubbish at using flower images as well but I thought this image would be suitable for a sympathy card, so gave it a go. I'm not sure who makes this stamp as a friend sent me the stamped image, but it had been embossed in black and I coloured with Promarkers.
The papers  are from Paper Cellar's Victorian Classic pad, which has some really pretty papers in it. I actualy bought it because I love vintage style cards and thought it would be perfect for that but I was looking through all my papers and couldn't find anything suitable, but came across this pad and found a few papers that would work well for sympathy cards.
The lace is a light pink colour although it looks more white here. Barry got it for me one day when he went into town on his own, he quite often picks up ribbon/lace or buttons for me and most of the time it's something that I would never choose to buy myself, but I always end up using everythign he has bought lol, but actually this time he came back with a huge budle of lace and ribbons and this pretty pink one was in amongst them.
I didn't want to add a load of embelishments, so had a look in my stash and found the embroidered angel which is the same colour as the paper I have used on the image mat (although it doesn't look it in this pic), so added that. I got it from my teamie Geraldine who owns Little Snippets Etsy store and makes the most beautiful embroidered and crotchet embellishments. If you haven't had a look in her store, you really should, there is so many pretty "snippets" as Geraldine calls them and they are useful for so many different craft projects.


Right I better get going. Thanks for stopping by today and check back tomorrow as I may have some blog candy up for grabs tomorrow!



No comments: