Tuesday 15 February 2011

Digital Tuesday- Use a Die Cut

 It's time for another Digital Tuesday challenge and this week the challenge is to use die cuts.
Our sponsor this week is My Grafico who are offering the winner a digi stamp set of their choice and 20% off an order in store. My Grafico also gave the design team one of their digi stamp sets to use for the challenge. It's a really cute set called Alice's Tea Party by Zenware Designs and I used 2 images from the set on my card.


Sorry about the photo, I took it last night so there was no natural light.
As I said the images I have used ar both from the Alice's Tea Party set .This is a really sweet set and just perfect for kids cards. There is also the cheshire cat, queen of hearts and some other bits in the set, but I chose to just use Alice and the rabbit and coloured them with Promarkers. It doesn't show very well in these pics but I did use some light greys on the rabbit for shading and some light pink picked up with my blender pen for the pink in his ears.
The base paper is My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary and the other one is Bo Bunny Persuasion. I really like the Bo Bunny paper but only have half a 12x12 sheet left, so must see if I can get some more.

 I don't have much dies, in fact I only actually own scalloped circle nesties and a little die that I got with my cuttlebug, so I bought these scalloped oval die cuts from Die Cut Dreams, very handy if like me you don't own a lot of dies.
I had already printed Alice before I decided to use the scalloped ovals, so I just cut her out and stuck her on.

The flowers are Primas and an American Crafts jewel brad, and ribbon is some from my stash. Oh and the glittery swirl above the flower that you can't see very well in the photo is a We R Memory Keepers adhesive rub on.
I bought some of these foil, glitter and flock adhesive rub on kits in the sale at Hobbycraft, they were reduced from £7.49 to 49p!!
You get 2 sheets of rub ons which when you rub on have an adhesive top that you can then stick either the foil, gliiter or flock onto. You get 3 small sheets of the flock, gliiter and foil in different colours and you just rub on whichever one you want.
I am not a big fan of rub ons and to be honest I only bought them because they were such a great price and thought I could maybe give them away in one of my followers candies but after having them sitting for a week or so, I couldn't help myself, just had to see if they really worked and they worked a treat..... so sorry I won't be giving them away now lol.

I have one of those hot foil pens... do any of you have one of those?, and no mater how hard I try, I can never get writing or swirls etc to look like it does in the little booklet you get with it. Instead I end up with dotted lines of ugly foil, and normaly a burnt finger because I forget that the "pen nib" is not a pen and it is actually very very hot!! lol
If anyone knows how to actually work them properly, please share with me!!

Anyway I got a bit off track there. Here's a close up of the cute images




I'm sure lots of you will join in this week because you all have dies right? It's just me who seriously needs a crafty shop and stock up on dies and punches!! lol

Thanks for stopping by

11 comments:

Lolô Artesanato said...

Lovely, lovely!!!
I have this stamps, but I never used..you inspired me!!!
I'll do some card too...rs
xoxo
Leila

Larisa said...

Very nice card!!! LOve the images a lot) The rabbit is my fave here))) Love all details on the top)))

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what a cute card! I love the DP you've used...
xxx Anne-Marije

Henriëtte said...

Woww.............very cute card. I love that rabbit!!! Nice stamps.
Hugs Henriëtte

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous cute card Lora, love those images. Have left you something on my blog! Hope you will accept. Carolxx

Sandy O said...

Too Cute! I love the soft "springy" colors.

Glo said...

This is really nice! It's so "fresh"....

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very cute, love the image and very pretty colour combo. Marianne x

Amy Johnson said...

Super cute card! Love how you put the rabbit in the lower corner!

Linda . J said...

Lovely card Lora and the image is so cute, love the colours.
Hugs Linda

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

So cute!! I think this is one of my fav cards! For some reason I just love those images and the papers and design....perfecto!

Sorry I'm so behind on commenting....trying to catch up today!