Thursday 9 June 2011

Charisma DT card

It's time for another challenge over at Charisma Cardz and this week we want to see you use an age on your cards.
This challenge couldn't of came at a better time for me because I needed to make a 65th birthday card, so that's exactly what I did.


 I kept this card quite simple and didn't us4e any flowers for a change (I know, shock horror!! lol). The bottom paper is by Papermania and you can't really see it in these pics, but it has a pretty gold sheen to it, and the other dp I used is by Kaisercraft.
The image is a clear stamp by Nellie Snellen (KARS) that I have had for ages and never inked up. I found it while looking for another stamp and decided I would use it for this card.
I'm really not happy with my colouring because I have ran out of my normal paper again!! so had to stamp onto normal cardstock and the colouring looks terrible because the Promarker ink was bleeding everywhere.
I used some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the wings and dotted it over the little sprays of "champagne" and used Glossy Accents on the bottle to make it look more like glass.
The number are digi ones that I got ages ago (sorry don't know where I got them) and I also used Glossy accents on them.


I don't know why I have never used this stamp before now because it's really cute......probably because it's a clear stamp and I'm not too keen on clear stamps. I just don't think you get the same kind of crisp impression that you do with rubber stamps.

This card is for my Step-Mum who will be 65 soon, so I hope she likes it! I will also be making her another one, so she will have one from me and one from my kids, so hopefully I will get it made in the next few days.

We have the school Summer Fayre on Saturday, so I have been busy all week getting things ready for that, so I haven't been able to do much blog hopping, but I really appreciate you stopping by and leaving comments and I promise that I will get around to visiting you all very soon :)


2 comments:

may-chu said...

so cute! I love the simplicity of this card, and the image is so cute.
May xx

Amy Johnson said...

Such a fun birthday card. the image is so cute!