Wednesday 22 June 2011

Digital Tuesday and By The Cute and Girly

This is gonna be a long post, so you might want to go get a cuppa and get yourself comfy first.
 It was my turn to choose the challenge over at Digital Tuesday this week and I chose "Ice Cream Combos"- use the colours of your favourite ice cream combo.
Our sponsor this week is My Grafico who are giving the winner a digital stamp set of their choice (and there is loooads to choose from!) and also 20% off an order in their store.
They also let the design team use one of their digital stamp sets. This time it was their Unicorns set by Blackleaf Designs.


 I chose Neopolitan ice cream for my colours, not really because it's my favourite flavour of ice cream but because I love ALL ice cream and couldn't decide lol, then I came across this stripey paper by My Minds Eye and it had all the colours of neopolitan in it so I went with that.
The other paper is the other side of the same sheet, pink sparkly flower is from Little Snippets Etsy Store (link in sidebar) which I added a gold spacer and gem from my stash onto and the brown flower underneath is also from my stash, as is the ribbon which I messed about with to get the pearl heart slider onto.
I had the bright idea of using a ribbon slider in the middle of my bow, but have you ever tried to tie a bow and get a slider in the middle of it?? Well I'll save you the trouble of even trying and tell you now that it just doesn't happen! lol. I was determined I would make it work though, so I just glued the ribbon in place instead of tying it lol.
The image is from the Unicorns set from My Grafico and I coloured it with the usual Promarkers and added loads of dazzling diamonds glitter from SU!.


You can see a lot better in this pic that I glittered this Unicorn almost everywhere. It would probably be easier to say that the only bits I didn't glitter were it's body and hair, I even glittered it's eyelid! lol

I also have a card that I made for this months By The Cute and Girly challenge to show. The theme this month is "In The Garden" and as always, we have some fab prizes up for grabs from Simon Says Stamp, Joanna Sheen and Spesch Stamps.


I went for a male card for a change because I thought this Molly Blooms image was perfect for the challenge theme. As usual I coloured him with Promarkers.
I know one of the papers I have used is Basic Grey, but I have no idea where the blue one came from because I made this card ages ago.
Quite a simple card since I couldn't pile on the flowers lol, but I managed to get some raffia on there, a photo corner from my stash and some cute mushrooms from Meyer Imports


I think this image is so sweet:)

 And how cute are these little mushrooms? I've had them for a while now but never knew what to use them on until now. I think they look great on a card though, what do you think?

That's it from me today, sorry if I have put you to sleep with the length of the post!
Thanks for stopping by


6 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Two absolutely fab cards Lora love the Unicorn one with the glitter and those papers are lush, the second one is also a super card and great image.
Hugs
Lorraine X

Ellibelle said...

First let me say thank you for the fun challenge you gave us at digital tuesday!! I LOVED it and it even make me go to the store to buy ice cream!
Your cards are beautiful. Love that striped paper, and the glittery unicorn looks fabulous. Love the second card too and those mushrooms are too cute!

Unknown said...

Ohhh this image reminds me of my little ponies...I love it and your Molly bloom card is fab too hunni xx

Lisa Jane said...

2 fab cards Lora - but those little mushrooms steal the show lol
Lisa xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, wonderful card Lora.
luv
Debby

Sandy O said...

WOW and WOW, love the yummy colors of the unicorn card. The other card is great also. You do such a wonderful job.