Tuesday 24 January 2012

Digital Tuesday- New Beginnings

It's time for a new Digital Tuesday challenge and the theme this week is "new beginnings".
Our sponsor this week is Bugaboo Stamps who kindly gave the dt an image to work with for the challenge.



I'm not sure who makes the paper that I used on this card, it's a pad I have had for ages and the front cover is no longer on it (I think the pad split in half at some point and I can't find the other half lol)
The sweet image is from Bugaboo Stamps and is called Fancy sunbonnet bride and I coloured it with Promarkers and used a bit of stickles but I am really not happy with the colouring :( The ink was bleeding everywhere when I coloured this one!
I'm not sure if it is because I am using different ink in my printer (my cyan ink is a compatible and the rest are genuine epson as I ran out of cyan a while ago and just bought a cheap compatible to try but it doesn't print as well as the genuine epson ink does), or if it is just because the image has quite thick and dark lines, but whatever the cause I am not happy with the ink running everywhere.
I don't think it's the paper I used as I printed this on the paper that I normally use (Neenah) and never have any trouble with it bleeding, and I have tried the hairspray trick, heat setting and leaving it a few days before colouring but still didn't make any difference.

Anyway apart from the image, I used some coredinations cardstock and embossed it with the hearts cuttlebug embossing folder and then sanded it to reveal some of the core. I also embossed the "congratulations" using a new embossing folder that I got as a Christmas pressie, and again sanded it to make the embossing pop.
For embellishments, I just used a few flowers and some ribbon from my stash and some silver skeleton leaves, which is something I never use, but I kinda like it......I think lol.

 
I wasn't going to show a close up of the image because my colouring is terrible!! but the image is cute so I figured she deserved a close up shot lol.

I hope you will find the time to join us at Digital Tuesday this week.
I made a wedding card, but as the theme is new beginnings, you could do a new baby (not literally...I wouldn't think you could produce a real baby in a week! lol, but a baby card), new house, wedding, engagement, new job etc. There is so many ways you could go with this weeks challenge, so I'm sure you could fit in a few other challenges with this one, and the prize from Bugaboo is 7 digital images!!

Thanks for stopping by today xx



4 comments:

Brigitte said...

WOW Lora, she's beautiful and we can't see the bleeding! Love the leaves and your colouring! Hugs, Brigitte

Ellibelle said...

Super sweet card Lora. I love the colors you used and the glitter looks so pretty on her bonnet.

Amy Johnson said...

What an absolutely beautiful card! Love the leaf!

JustYolie said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Stopping by to invite you to visit Link Up for Pink's new website http://www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

(I also have a giveaway on my blog)