Wednesday 22 February 2012

Happy Birthday Liam!!! :)

It's my Son Liam's 14th birthday today! Happy Birthday Liam!! :))
I can't believe my baby is 14!! Where did the time go? I feel sooo old!! lol
Of course I made him a card from me and his dad and also one from his little sisters so thought I would post them today.
I'm useless at male cards as it is, but since these were for my son (and he is not very good at lying to me, so I would know if he didn't like them), these were much harder for me to make, so I decided I would keep them really simple and just focus on the images instead of embellishing.


I have no idea who makes any of the papers I used on these 2 cards as they were all from blogging buddies and have no writing on them, but if anyone knows, let me know and I will edit my post.
The image is an old one from Dewdrop Craftz that I got when I was on the dt there but I don't think any of their digis are available now.
I coloured it with Promarkers and used some Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edges of the image and also the papers. Added a piece of raffia and a button which was a cream colour but I coloured it with a Promarker to match the image, and some letter stickers by Websters Pages (Little Storytellers Color Garden).
 A close up of the image. I wasn't sure if Liam would like this image, but thankfully he did. it's not childish and it's not really "grown up" either, so I think it worked well. It's so difficult to get images for teenage boys though! I searched all over the net for images to use on these cards and only really found one (which I used on my other card) and ended up resorting to this old one that I already had.
There must be some good teenage boy images out there, isn't there??

Anyway, my second card I kept really simple and didn't use any embellies at all (except some alpha stickers) which is sooo not like me and I think it looks too plain, but Liam liked it and that's the main thing.


I used a Mo's Digital Pencil image, which I just had to buy because this is just exactly like my son!! I mean he doesn't look like the boy in the image, but he is always playing his xbox 360 and he room is always a mess!! lol he even laughed when he saw this card and said it was just like him.
Again not sure of the papers. I coloured the image with a mix of Promarkers and Copics (I was very lucky and got a few Copics the other day!! I mean not enough to colour a whole image with, just a few, but it was great to use them again, I have missed my Copics so much!! lol).
The stickers are the same Websters Pages from before. I never ever use stickers on my cards, or any of the chipboard alphabets etc but I kinda like these and they are in nice boy colours :)
A close up of the image as usual. The res was done with Copics (I only have 2 reds, so was a bit hard to do any shading) and I also did the hair with Copics ,but everything else is Promarkers.

Ok I'd better get going as I have a birthday boy to see too and I have to go take him shopping, although I have been ill the last couple of days and still don't feel too good, so I really can't be bothered doing anything, but it's his birthday and he wants to go into town so guess I better get moving.



4 comments:

Anne said...

Two brilliant boy cards, love your colouring and that first image is perfect, shame it's not available
Anne
x

Brigitte said...

WOW, they're wonderful male card!!! I think they are perfect with just the right amount of embellishment! Hugs, Brigitte

Suzie's Card Den said...

Lora - these are fantastic cards, just perfect for a boy, anything more and it would not have been right. The colour is brilliant too.
Hugs
Suzie xx

nnalorac said...

Super cards Lora, great images and papers for your teen boy. They don't get any better with age I'm afraid, I just shut the bedroom door! Hope your feeling better soon. Carolxx