Wednesday 15 February 2012

A Little Bit of Love

As promised, I am back with the card I made for By The Cute and Girly challenge, where the theme is "Love Is All Around". As valentines day is now past, most people want want to be making valentines cards and gifts (unless you are super organised and want to be ready for next year! lol), but you can make anything you like, it doesn't have to be a valentines card.
I made my card a few day ago, so I was still in red and pink mode.


I followed the sketch over at Sketch and Stash and used this Pink Cat Studio image which I have had for goodness knows how long. I don't know if I have ever used this image before but I have had it for as long as I can remember, so it was about time I coloured  her up!
As ususal, I coloured with Promarkers.
I only used one sheet of designer paper, it was double sided so I just used both sides, but I got it from a lovely blogging friend and don't know who makes it, but it was perfect for this challenge.
The sentiment is also really old. It's a digital freebie that I got along with a pile of other ones, but I can't remember where from. If anyone knows, please tell me so I can give credit to the designer.
The sketch has a scalloped border underneath the strip, but I don't have any border punches now, so had to make my own (I would of never thought I would miss my border punches so much, but I really miss them and will have to get more soon!).
I just used a Stampin Up scalloped oval punch, cut out a few ovals then cut them all in half and stuck them to the back of my card.


 I hope you will take the time to join in with this months challenge. You can enter with any craft you like and there are some fab prizes to be won!

I won't be around tomorrow as I will have no internet access because there is work being done by the electricity people and we have been told that we will have no electricity for the whole day!
Not really what I need when we have 3 reptiles who need heat, and one of them needs UV light! This also means that I can't feed them until they have been heated up as they can't digest food without heat, so I will have 2 hungry leopard geckos and a baby bearded dragon tomorrow!! :(
Hopefully they get finished quickly and they don't get too cold while the electric is off! I will just have to make sure I have some hot water bottles on standby!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Lora,love your colouring and design, the image is so beautiful.
Hugs Linda

nnalorac said...

A real cutie Lora, lovely design and sweet image. Carolxx

Brigitte said...

WOW Lora, your card is so refreshing and beautifully coloured!!! Hugs, Brigitte

Céline said...

Hi Lora,
fab card ! love the combo and cute stamp! great coloring
hugs
céline

Ellibelle said...

How cute!! Love all the pink and red. Hope you're doing good!
Hugs!!

Maya Ariffin said...

so gorgeous! I love it!