Tuesday 15 May 2012

2 DT cards in one day.

I have 2 cards to show today, both for different design teams.
The first is for By The Cute and Girly where the challenge theme this month is "Spring Is All Around".
I didn't choose a very springy image for my card (the image was kind of an after thought lol), but I used pretty papers that have a lot of flowers and my usual mountain of flower embellies piled on, so that's Spring enough for me lol.

 Excuse the mark on the image! I got some photo glue on it somehow and didn't notice it until after I took the pics! It is gone now though. Just as well it was photo glue and it just rubs off or else I would of had to colour another image.
The photo is blurry too! Not sure what's going on with my camera, but I just couldn't get any decent pics.
Anyway, the pretty papers are Websters Pages, the image is of course a Hanglar & Stanglar coloured with Copics and Promarkers on kraft card. The flowers are mostly Wild Orchid Crafts except the peach rose which I got in Hobby Craft. Both die cuts were made with Nellie Snellen dies and the lace and paper ribbon is from my stash.

See the offending glue mark?!! lol

My other card was a bit of a rush job (actually it was coloured and made in about 20 minutes because I thought I had an image coloued for the challenge, but couldn't find it!). It's for Digital Tuesday where the challenge this week is "Clearly Beautiful"- use a clear element on your card/project.

 Our sponsor this week is Stamp Fairy who gave the design team some images to work with, and this is one of them. I have ran out of colouring paper though and had to use some normal card which isn't smooth and just doesn't blend lol. You can see all the patches where it didn't blend, especially on the bears face.
I have ordered some proper paper and will print out and colour a new image and swap it for this one as soon as it arrives! I did order it on Thursday, but it hasn't arrived yet :(
The paper is one I found in my stash, so no idea who makes it.
I did want to use acetate as my clear element but didn't have any, so I had to go looking for other clear bits.
 I have a clear button, tied with some American Crafts bakers twine, and the clear bead spray thing.
and also some Inky Dinky Drops from Inky Impressions. Oh and some organza ribbon....well it's kinda see through lol.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you are having better weather than I am! We have lots of rain and then hailstones yesterday and today it has been dry but sooo cold!

4 comments:

nnalorac said...

Sounds like you were having a time of it on the card making front Lora. She's sitting waiting for the sun to come out. think she'll wait awhile, this weather is getting beyond a joke. Freezing here today and hailstones brrrrr! Love all the flowers and pretty papers. Carolxx

Unknown said...

aw this card made me smile its just so very cute coloured fabulously too hugs sassyx

Amy Johnson said...

Cute cards!

Ellibelle said...

These are really sweet cards Lora, I especially love the second one with that cute bear! Hope you're doing great!
Hugs!!