Thursday 3 May 2012

Sunflower Smiles

I can't believe I have actually blogged 3 days in a row now after not blogging at all for a month! I missed of missed you all too much! :) lol
I actually got a card made yesterday that wasn't for any dt's, decided I would make one just for fun for a change. I didn't even follow any challenges. It's been so long since I have made a card just because I want to!
I'm not very keen on it mind you, but thought I would show it anyway, and I also found a card pic on my computer that has been there for about 6 weeks and never been blogged, so thought I would show that one today too.

Ok, so my first card is a happy sunflower one :) I found a printed image by Pink Cat Studio, that I must of printed out months ago but never coloured, so I coloured her up and made a simple card with it.


I thought this was a nice bright, fun image to use since we have been having such horrible wet weather in Scotland lately :) 
The paper I used is one from a pad that came with a magazine and I can't remember for the life of me who it's by. We have been getting some great paper pads free with the mags lately though, haven't we? I never buy magazines unless they have a nice free gift with them! lol It's normally cheaper to buy the mag than it is to buy the paper pad itself, so I figure that I'm getting a bargain and also have a mag to read if I'm bored lol.
The lace was a gift from my lovely blogging friend Ger and I threaded some green organza ribbon from my stash through it.
The flowers are ones I have had from when I designed for Janlynn.com/Stamps Happen, and they no longer sell them. I'm not a big sunflower fan, but thought these went well with the image.
The image is coloured with a mix of Copics and Promarkers and I actually used my Cricut to cut out the scalloped squares and also the leaves. Told you I would only use it for normal shapes lol.
I am having problems getting the correct pressure/speed etc though, so it's kind of put me off using it :( It's just a waste of good paper/card (which I have hardly any of as it is!) when it won't cut properly and tears the paper to bits! The girl I bought it from said that it was a new blade that was fitted in it, so I'm sure it's just me not being able to use it properly! lol. As I bought it second hand, it didn't come with any instructions, so I have had to do a bit of searching online to find out what pressure etc I need to set it at, but even after following all the recommendations on the Provocraft site, I still can't get it right! lol

My second card is Springy too :) I think I should of maybe used one of these cards for the By The Cute and Girly challenge instead of using one that isn't very springy lol.


I love this cute image from LOTV, but I'm not happy with the way I coloured it. I don't have this stamp, but I got some LOTV stamped images months back in a magazine (told you these mags come in handy! lol) and they are on really thin paper, so you can't really add much ink without it bleeding.
The papers I used on this one are K&Co, roses from my stash, the big flower I have no idea who make it because I bought them off a blogging friend (thanks again hunnie), and the embroidered leaves and butterfly were from Little Snippets, but unfortunately Ger has stopped selling her embroidered bits :( Such a shame because they are beautiful. Oh and the ribbon is also from Little Snippets.


That's it from me for today on the card front, but I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who left my comments these last few days. They really cheered me up and gave me the incentive I needed to keep blogging :) You are all fantastic and I appreciate every one of you coming to visit and taking the time to leave me comments :)


2 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love the bright cheerful sunflowers.. so pretty
Lisa x

~ Barb said...

Such bright and beautiful cards, I love the cheery sunflowers! We've had rain here where I am in Canada too which is good for the farmers, and though I don't mind the rain I'm not a big fan of the mud. Ah well, it sure greens everything up. I was thinking your blade may not be the problem, sometimes if your mat is not sticky enough that can cause paper tearing too. I used to tape my paper down so that I could use my mats longer. Glad to see you're back posting again! {Hugs} Barb