Sunday, 3 February 2013

A card just for fun

I've really got back into cardmaking these past few days and have quite a few cards to show, so thought I would pop on and share one that I made just for fun :)
I also found a few challenges that I can enter with this card, so that was a bonus :)


I coloured up a digi image from Deviant Art by Sureya which I have had for ages and never got round to colouring. I love her images! Most of them have lovely long hair to colour which is my favourite thing to colour, so I really enjoyed colouring this one.
She is coloured with mostly Copics and a few Promarkers.
The spotty paper is by Template Dreams which I had printed out for my dt card at By The Cute and Girly where they are sponsoring this week, but although it is a purple colour on the screen, it printed out brown and was no use for my dt card, so I kept it and used it on this one.
The other paper is from an old paper pad, but I have no idea who makes it....sorry.
The roses are made with a cart us die. I cut some with the left overs of the spotty paper and the others with some coredinations and added stickles to them all.
I also added a few pink gems around the flowers and on 2 corners of the image.



I really need more practice doing hair, but it was fun to colour and took me ages! I need some more hair colours though as I only have a few and most are Promarkers. I like doing hair with Copics better as I can get a better "flicking" motion going on with Copics, but I had to make do with what I have :)


 Sorry this pic is really blurry, but wanted to show the flowers a bit better. I love this flower die and it was under £3!! There is so much different flowers you can make with this die, but I do like these ones best.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp- Anything Goes
One Stop Craft- Anything Goes
Die Cut Divas- Anything Goes with a die cut (my flowers are die cuts)
Crafts and Me- Fave embellishments (flowers)
Thanks so much for stopping by


6 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lora, thank you for popping by and leaving me a lovely comment, it is always such a pleasure to come see your wonderful creations, this is a beauty such awesome colouring of the image and great papers, super card.
take care
hugs
lorraine x

Brigitte said...

WOW Lora!!!! Your card is wonderful and her hair looks amazing!! Hugs, Brigitte

Elaine Hughes said...

wow - that hair is amazing :) Love the flowers too.

http://saffiredragoncrafts.blogspot.co.uk/

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Deonna Bemish said...

Fantastic Card with Gorgeous coloring and image. Thank you so muvh for sharing this week with TTCRD.

Lisa Jane said...

Wonderful card - coloured beautifully
. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our punch it out challenge
Lisa x