Tuesday 12 February 2013

Up, Up and Away

The challenge over at Digital Tuesday this week is Up, Up and Away, hence my title today :)
Our sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps who always generously offer the design team an image each to play with, so I took them up on their offer and made a card with one of their digis.



 The image I used today is from the Kidz line and is called Girl Balloon, and you can find her here.
I coloured her with a mix of Copics and Promarkers. As I have said many times, I do prefer Copics, but I'm not too keen on most of the pinks as most of them are very bright, so I normally use Promarkers when I'm coloiring pink as they have a softer look to them.
I also added some stickles to bits on her hat and also to the highlights on the balloon.


 I think these Kidz images are quite cute :) Only problem I have is that the lines are quite thick on these images and they tend to bleed a bit when using light colours like the skin. Although that's probably just my printer. I never have problems with printer running normally, only when the image has thick dark lines, and I have tried heat setting, leaving for a few days, using cheap hairspray and all the other tricks I can think of, but it doesn't make any difference, so I just make sure to be extra careful when colouring the light bits.
However, even after being careful colouring this image and not really having bleeding, I later noticed (once the whole card was finished!) that there is a blue pencil or pen mark on the image which was defo not there when I was colouring it! I think I must of sat the card on top of one of the kids colouring pencils while I was getting my camera! I was too scared to try rub it off incase it smeared all over the image, so I just left it lol.
You can see it in the above pic if you look closely (under the balloon string).

The papers I used are ones that I got from my friend Ger (thank you hunnie, you spoil me!! :)) and I've went and put the pad away and forgot to take a note of who makes it. It might be MME but I'm not sure.
I used Coredinations to mat with and glittered all the edges with stardust stickles.
The lace and ribbon is from my stash (this was my last piece of ribbon, but Geraldine is sooo lovely and sent me a pile so I now have lots of new lovely ribbon to use :))



 The little bunting, was cut out with My Favorite Thing mini pennant dies in the same papers and I also glittered the edges, and the flowers were made from the same paper pad using a Cart Us flower die, and of course I glittered those too lol.
Oh I also used a Marianne die and a MFT die for the flourishes.

I'm entering this card into the challenge at Totally Papercrafts where the challenge this week is to make you own Embellishments (my flowers and bunting)

That's all from me for today. All 3 of my kids have been away since Friday afternoon so I have had nothing to do since then and have been soooo bored! but today we are going into town (Barry and I) to meet Liam and go kilt shopping (well looking in kilt shops for kilts that we can hire for Barry's sisters wedding which is at the beginning of March), and maybe see if I can find some shoes to go with my new dress. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I very rarely wear dresses (I sometimes wear skirts in the Summer but not very often and I only have a few) but of course I needed to buy one for the wedding and I really liked it until I tried it on, but now I'm not so sure lol, maybe I will like it more when I find the perfect pair of shoes :/ At least it's an excuse to buy new shoes right? lol
 Then we will get the bus home with Liam (I hate not having a car now!!) and pick up the girls from their Nana's in Stonehaven on the way.
So lots to do today and my piece will be shattered by tea time lol, but I've missed them all so much and am glad they are coming home today :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Please leave a comment if you have the time and I will come visit you back :)
Oh and don't forget to check out the challenge and the other dt memebrs blogs. They have all done a fab job again this week! :)





2 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

How cute! Love the image and the banner!

debby4000 said...

Oh love your absolutely gorgeous card.
luv
Debby