Wednesday 4 August 2010

By The Cute and Girly- August Challenge

The challenge over at By The Cute and Girly this month is Animal Antics. As always there is some great prizes top be won and also a guest designer spot for the October challenge.

My first make this month is a card, I know I am so predictable! lol




The papers are ones from my scrap box so I'm not sure who makes them. The image I got in a rak and I coloured it with Promarkers, isn't it cute lol. I think it's a Penny Black but I could be wrong.
All all the flowers except the orange one which is one I found in my stash, is from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the gorgeous butterfly is from Little Snippets Etsy store who is also one of our sponsors this month.

My other project was a very easy one but it took me forever to make!!
The idea of making an animal circus train came to mind (no idea where that came from lol), and I was just going to make a card with panels that folded out to reveal the whole train, but then I thought I could do a 3d train that my youngest Daughter could play with as she is a bit of a tomboy, but time ran away with me and I knew there was just no way I would have time to make it, so I ended up just printing out some colouring pages that I found online (sorry I forgot to take a note of where I got them), and cut all the bits out and joined them together with some ribbon.



This was a pain to take a pic of! The whole train didn't fit in the photo, so I had to take it in two parts then join the two pics together. It's just as well I figured out that my camera can do that because there is no way I would of managed to do it in a graphics program because I am so challenged when it comes to stuff like that!! lol


I printed each image out twice then coloured with Promarkers and cut out all the animals except the Lion because he is behind bars and some of the other little bits and layered them on top to make it a bit 3d. It took me ages to cut out all the little bits and stick them on with foam pads!! I didn't have any silicone glue so I had to cut tiny strips of foam tape to stick the bars on with as I wanted it to look as though the animals were behind the bars............ could only be me who has a stupid idea like that when I only have 2 hours to get the whole thing done lol.

I also backed the whole thing with some thick card so it was a bit more sturdy and then Chiara was able to pull it around lol.



Sorry about the pics, I took them late at night.


 

Well I think that will be the last time I try to make something for the kids. They would of probably been better making it themselves!! lol

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

Lora x

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your animal card and the train is so dang cute! I would have put it on their bedroom wall for it is adorable..lots of work!

Dragonlady said...

I love your little train, great for a young persons birthday.

Hugs Ali x

nnalorac said...

Hi Lora
Sorry didn't get round to commenting on your makes all lovely, don't know where the time goes. Just adore the train, the animals are so cute. nnalorac.x

Helen Laurence said...

Oh wow Lora the train is fabby, must have taken you ages! x