Monday 30 August 2010

Dewdrop Craftz DT card

I have finally got round to postng a card that I made with one of the fab Dewdrop Craftz images, which I made about a week ago!
I love their manage style images although I did find this one a little bit hard to colour but that's because my colouring is pants anyway lol.


I followed the sketch over at the Yahoo Stamp patch group and for a change I followed the sketch to the letter, well except from adding some flowers, but that's just typical of me because I don't think I could make a card without using flowers!

The papers are from a freebie pad I got in a magazine but I can't remember right now who makes it.
The images is of course from Dewdrop Craftz and is by the designer CupuDOTexe, this one is called Rori 4 and I coloured it with Promarkers.
If you love this kind of images, you will love all the other mangas at Dewdrops, they have a fab selection and if you are anything like I was, you won't just want one or two, you will want them all, so I must state here that I am in no way responsible for you having no money after your visit! lol

The last card I did with one of these images was purple as well.......hmmm no idea why because it's not a colour I normaly use but I just seem to go for purple every time I colour one of these.
Anyway I used some purple binding stuff which Barry found for me and I wasn't sure I would use it on anything but here it is. It looks a bit darker here than irl but that's just my rubbish photography skills and the fact that I took this pic late at night!

The spotty ribbon is from some I won over at the fabulous Kath's blog a while ago and I used a Fiskars punch for the scalloped strip underneath.
The flowers and fibres are all from Janlynn, but unfortunately they are discontinued, but you can find all sorts of other loveliness over there and great customer service too :)
The sentiment and frame thing it's stamped in are from a Stampendous clear stamp set (Ribbon Sliders) and I have a set for sale here on my blog exactly the same.
I used the ribbon slider stamp just with the sentiment on it's own, but it also goes nicely used with ribbon or the ribbon stamps that come in the set.

That's it from me for now. I will be back tomorrow for Digital Tuesday.
Hope you are all having a fab Monday even though it's the worst day of the week!! and thanks so much for stopping by.

Lora x

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what gorgeous colours Lora.. so pretty yet striking
Hope you are ok..
Lisa
ps i have candy

Gale said...

Really lovely card - I love the whole purple theme you have going with it. Great use of Patricia's sketch challenge too (flowers are always and acceptable addition to a skecth challenge in my book). Great card!

Jaspere said...

She looks awesome. Love all the purple tones.

Milnie said...

gorgeous card Lora!

Ellibelle said...

It's super sweet Lora, love that purple!

Michelle Pearson said...

busy girl you are! Love the fss flowers....I need to play with those yet! SOMEDAY!! ;)