Tuesday 15 November 2011

2 cards for 4 design teams!

I had 3 design team cards to do for today and also wanted to do one for Little Snippets, so as one was already made for my guest design spot at Anything Goes Challenge, I decided to combine the other three with one card.
I must warn you that this may be a long post as I have a lot  of pics to show! So get ready for a photo overload!! lol

So my first card is for the Anything Goes challenge where I am guest designer this month. This is my last card for them (although I have only done one other because it's a fortnightly challenge lol) and I have had real fun making it.
Thank you girls for having me, I really enjoyed my time as guest dt with you :)
The challenge this fortnight is "A Real Sweetie" - so anything related to food.

I decided to do something a little bit different and made a criss-cross card.

Sorry about the poor photo, the light is just terrible here just now! :(
As I said, I made a criss cross style card, and this is it with the pull out insert panel still in place.
I didn't take a pic of the insert as you can kinda see it here anyway. It's just plain red card (which is a bit shimmery) with the corners rounded and I added a Marianne designs die cut frame so there's room to write on.
I have used a few products on this card that are available to buy at Craft Den, so I will add all the product links at the end.

This is what the card looks like when the insert is removed.
I though these papers would do the job since one has strawberries on it, but then I went and covered up that paper with the insert lol. I don't know who makes the papers though as I got the paper pad free with a magazine a while ago and can't find the front cover.
Tilda and the popcorn box have been cut out, then Tilda stuck on top and stuck on the card only up to where the card crosses over (otherwise you wouldn't be able to take the insert out)



I took this pic at a funny angle so you can see the glitter on Tilda and the Popcorn box, but you still can't see it very well.
I used a Sakura Gelly Roll Pen (Clear Star) on bits of her dress and the bows in her hair and also on the popcorn box. You can't see it here, but I used it on the label and lettering and also around all the white stripes.
I also used some crystal Stickles on her socks. It looks really sparkly in real life, just a pity that it doesn't show in these pics.

Ok, here's what I used.
Mariane Designs Dies from the Frames/Swirls set
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Crystal Stickles
Collall Photo Glue
Woodware 3d foam squares 1mm (for sticking on the image so it was a little bit raised)
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (to stick on flowers)
 All of which are available at Craft Den

I also used Promarkers to colour and Sakura Star Dust Gelly Roll pen. Flowers, ribbon and strawberry charm from my stash.
Magnolia Lollypop Tilda and Magnolia Popcorn Box, which are not currently in stock at Craft Den, but they do have loads of other Magnolia Stamps :)

Wow that was a long post for one card!!
My other card is an easel card, so I do have a few pics to show, but I will try not to chat too much!! lol


 It was my turn to post on the Inky Impressions Inspirational Blog today, and this month team Christopher (the team I'm in) are doing easel cards. So I made an easel card with one of the new release Inky Impressions Stamps.
The stamp I have used is called Maddie The Elf. I think she may be my favourite stamp of this release....well my favourite one today anyway, because they are all lovely and I keep changing my mind about which one is my favourite lol.



I'm not sure who the papers are by as they were a gift from a friend :), as was the lace.
The flowers are from Little Snippets Etsy Store, and they are called Lora's White Lace Flowers.....yes, they are named after me :))
They are so pretty and just perfect for Christmas/Winter cards as they have a little snowflake in the centre.
I added some red Inky Dinky Drops in the centre which are from the Christmas Splash pack (red/green) and I also used some White Inky Dinky Drops around the flowers......love how you can see the paper colours through the clear ones. You can find a huge selection of Inky Dinky Drops in the Inky Impressions Store here.
Oh and the holly leave spray I bought in a little craft shop in Montrose.



This card is also for Digital Tuesday where the challenge this week is "Christmas Time", and our sponsor is My Grafico, who gave the design team their Vintage Christmas Labels digital stamp set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff to use for the challenge.
I have used one of the labels from the set and just coloured in bits of Santa with a red Promarker.

I am entering this card into the following challenges.
Totally Gorjuss- Christmas Traditions
Miami Doodles- Christmas
Crafters Companion- Let It Snow
Stamps & Fun=Creativity- Recipe- design paper, glitter and lace
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long- Never Seen Ink, Holiday Image- This is the first time I have inked up the new Inky Impressions stamp :)
Floweret Stamplar- Christmas Cards
Crimbo Crackers- make it sparkle

Well if you managed to get to the end of this post, you deserve a medal!! lol.
That's it from me for today. Thanks for stopping by, and a huge thank you if you take the time to leave a comment :) I really do love reading them, and I will try my best to return the favour and visit you all:)




9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow two fab cards ..i love Tilda and the popcorn
Lisa x

Joey said...

Both are gorgeous Lora. Joey x

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful easel Xmas CArd!

Linda . J said...

Hi Lora Long time no see but I have just got back from the UK, hope all is well.
Beautiful cards love the colours and your gorgeous designs, they look teriffic.
Hugs Linda

Linda . J said...

Love your card Lora, all the details are so fabulous, so beautifully coloured.
Hugs Linda

Ellibelle said...

These are both so cute Lora!! Love the colors and I think the first one is my favorite, but they are both just adorable!!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joing at SFC this week…

Hugs
Bella

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Lora, I Just arrived at you blog. I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

F.T said...

So pretty image, and elegant colors shade.

Plastic gift card
Membership Card Printing