Saturday 12 November 2011

Inky Impressions Christmas decoration

Last month Nicole (the owner of Inky Impressions) had a competition just for the Inky design team, and we were to make a Christmas tree decoration.
I made a little angel which I will post on here another day, and a kind of wreath thing, which I won a prize for :)
I was going to show it last month after the competition had ended but I keep forgetting about it, so here it is now.
Sorry about the pics, I had to take them quickly before mailing it and the weather was not cooperating! lol


 The papers I used were 6x6" ones by Dovecraft. They were single sided but I wanted them to be double sided since you see both sides, so I cut out lots of squares all the same size, then stuck 2 back to back....would of saved myself loads of time if I just used double sided papers, but I didn't have enough double sided christmas papers.
Once they were stuck together, I cut around the edges with pinking shears, then just folded them into a cone and attached them with strong glue.
I started off with a circle of cardboard (I used 2 circles cut out of a cereal box and stuck them together to make it strong enough), then just stuck all the cones on and flattened them.
I cut 2 circles with my scalloped circle nestie (one for the front and one for the back), stamped on Lili's Present that you can find in the Inky Impressions store here, coloured them both with Promarkers, edged the front scalloped circle with glittery stuff (not sure what it's called, but it's like little strands which I got free in a magazine a while ago), then decorated with some flowers and snowflakes.
Oh before attaching the image, I punched a hole and threaded through some ribbon from my stash.

 This pic is rubbish but you can see the rest of the ribbon that you hang it with.

And another one to show how it looks laid down.


 And finally a close up of the image and flowers etc. I added some diamond stickles to the flowers, snowflakes and on some parts of the image, and I also edged the edges of the "cones" with stickles too.

I forgot to take a photo of the back...duh!! lol, but it looks the same as the front without the flowers etc. I stamped the same image, cut it out with the same scalloped circle and coloured her up the same and stuck it on the back so that if it turns around, the back is still pretty :)

I am entering this into these challenges
Ribbon Carousel- Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons- Texture ( I have ribbon, the glitter strands, flowers and a little bit of embossing on the scalloped circles)
2 Sisters- Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters- Anything Goes




8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wow its gorgeous Lora .. so pretty .. i might have to have a go at one of those !
Lisa x

Joey said...

WOW Lora this is stunning hunny, and beautiful colour shades, I love it! Joey x

Carly said...

wow! fabulous!

Thankyou so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us at Crafting For All Seasons.

xoxoxo Carly

Ellibelle said...

This is beautiful Lora!! Love the whole design, you colored the image so beautifully and love the sparkles!!

Unknown said...

Lorain this is stunning!! I love the colours xx

Dottie said...

just stunning I love your card if is beautiful and you can see the amount of work you put in to it.. Just love it
Hugs:o)
Dottie

Jan said...

Aw this is amazing thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

Unknown said...

This is fantastic Lora!! So beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS this week :)
Lizy DT x