Saturday 12 November 2011

Wags N Whiskers- Christmas and a few pics

I'm a day late with my card for the Wags N Whiskers challenge because I thought I had scheduled a post because I would be out yesterday but I thought wrong lol. I hadn't even wrote the post, never mind scheduled it!! Better late than never though.

The challenge this fortnight is "Christmas Themed", so a nice easy one for this time of the year, and a good kick up the bum for me to get cracking on my Christmas cards!



I used the same Dovecraft papers that I used the other day. They were already out from last time I used them and I couldn't be bothered looking for other ones lol.
The stamp I used is Ansley's Surprise. I used a rubber stamp, but it does also come in digi form. You can buy both rubber of digi Wags n Whiskers stamps at Stamp and Create if you are in the US or Canada or if you are in the UK like me, Bunny Zoes Crafts caters for Europe and the rest of the world.

I coloured the image with Promarkers and used  Diamond Stickles on her wings and a Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star pen on some of her hairband, her lips, the digs bow and on the creases of her dress. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good photo to show the bits where I used the Gelly Roll pen as it was really dull outside.

The flowers I used are from Crafty Emma's Store and the leaf spray thing was from a little craft shop in Montrose, as was the ribbon.

Here's a close up of the sweet image

So that's my card for today, and I will be back later with a Inky Impressions Christmas decoration that I was going to show yesterday but forgot!

While I was uploading the pics of my card, I came across some pics Barry took on Bonfire Night of the fireworks.
A few of  my friends from across the pond have asked what Bonfire Night is......I'm not very good at explaining stuff like that, so you can google if you want to know the whole story behind it lol, but basically a group of men plotted to blow up the houses of parliament. One of the men called Guy Fawkes got caught in a cellar with 36 barrels of gunpowder and was tortured and executed.
Now on the 5th of November we have Bonfire Night. We make a big fire (the bonfire) and sometimes place a "guy" on top representing Guy Fawkes.
But really nowadays, here, Bonfire Night is all about the fireworks and most villages and cities have a big bonfire and firework display.

Ok lesson over lol. We went to a bonfire and firework display in the village that we live in last Saturday. They had a huge firework display and the kids all got free glow sticks :)
My girls didn't like the noise of the fireworks very much lol, but they did stay till the end and I got Barry to take some pics.
So here's a few for anyone who is interested.





Aren't they pretty? lol
Ok that really is all from me today. Hope you are having a great weekend! :)


1 comment:

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty card- and the photo's are amazing
Lisa x