Tuesday 7 July 2009

FSS DT card Halloween in July!

I'm in card making mode today after getting all those goodies in the post this morning from Aries Crafts. I really wanted to play with ome of it but I had to make a card for Fred She said first as I haven't made a card yet this week, so I was having a look through the FSS images and it hit me, there is a gorgeous Halloween Emma image and Aries Crafts sent me some Halloween paper to play with so I just had to put them both together and do a Halloween card. A bit early I know but you can never be too organised, and when you see this little cutie you might want to get started early too. I followed one of the sketches from Stampin' for the Weekend so I am entering my card there. They have a choice of two sketches, but I picked the first one as the sponsor for the 2nd one is Cute Daisy May and since I am on their design team it would be a bit pointless entering to win images I can get anyway lol, but I might do that sketch too just for fun if I have time this week :)I think this is my favourite Emma so far and you get sentiments in the set too. I love this fun sentiment lol. In this set you also get the same image without the spots on her cat suit.
I personaly think this image with her one tooth showing is cute but Tracey has tried to cater for everyone and also added the same image but with her mouth closed. You also get the images in different sizes too, so again lots for you money. Tracey has also just added a coloured version of the Emma the mermaid image I used a while ago for people who like to just print out their images ready to use without any need for colouring. Great for when you need to make a quick card.
The spotty paper I have used is by The Paper Company Studio and is available at Aries Crafts and the other two were freebie downloads I got a while back, but can't remember where from.
I've punched my flowers from scraps of glossy black and shiney purple papers and the smallest ones are punched from the same spotty paper as before. I finished them off with some purple and black gems.

I have some new Hero Arts animal stamps to play with so got to go get inky!

Lora x

14 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lora,l love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Nancy said...

What a great Halloween card:O) The image is so cute and funny. Love the colours and papers, the flowers look wonderful. You have done a great job on using Kimmi's sketch.
Tank you for joining us at SFTW this week. Good luck!
Nancy;O)

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Wonderful, Lora! Emma has a few more teeth now, thank goodness LOL

:)*
Fred

Lilacanglia said...

super card hun,
Hugs
Angie

crafty amy said...

Wow you are starting early for Halloween! Great card that Emma is very cute and the sentiment is brilliant sounds like she might have had too many sweets already though :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

coldwaters2 said...

Great card love the colours and that image sure does suit Halloween lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Nicola said...

Awe I just love this image Lora and you have coloured her superbly. Great papers and sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at "Stampin´for the Weekend" and we hope you will continue to play along with us.
Nicola -x-

Diane said...

i LOVE halloween! it's super cute!

Pop's Cards said...

Love the image she looks so cool, your colours are fab too, brilliant take on the sketch...

Thanks for joining us at SFTW, hugs Pops x

Donna said...

Wow Lora you are certainly organized, getting a head start on your halloween cards, and it's a gorgeous emma too. I do love halloween cards but the Uk doesn't seem to really send them to people, but they are such fun to make, and you have done a marvelous job on Kimmi's sketch.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a wonderful day.
Donna xx

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous Halloween card, Lora! You're right, the image is absolutely adorable. The paper you have used is gorgeous and I love your punched flowers.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! We hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Kimmi said...

Fabulous Fun card Lora! I love the FSS image, so sweet! and that sentiment cracked me up! So fun! Love the papers and the purples work so well for halloween.

Thank you for playing along this week at "Stampin' for the Weekend". We hope you had fun and that you come back again next week! Good Luck.

Kimmi

Vicki said...

This is such a wicked Halloween card Lora, I love the image, such a fun character. You have done a wonderful job using Kimmi's sketch, lovely colour scheme and papers. Thank you for taking part with this weeks challenge over at SFTW, good luck and hopefully you'll be able to join in with many more of our challenges xx vicki xx

Maria Matter said...

Oh, what fun Lora! Halloween Emma is fabulous...what a great card!
Definitely made me smile! I haven't used this one yet...but you're inspiring me! lol
take care
Blessings, Maria