Wednesday 9 September 2009

Birthday card for my Little Princess

I finally got time to sit down and make a card for Rhianna tonight and just as well too because it's her birthday in the morning!
She went away to her swimming lessons tonight for an hour and 45mins so I managed to get all her presents wrapped and her card made. This was her first lesson and she loved it. She has been swimming with me loads of times but this was her first time having a lesson ad the first time without me. I was really nervous about letting her go but there was no need to be because she did really well and was very well behaved :)
I followed the sketch over at A Spoonfull Of Sugar, but I did rotate it.

I got this image as a rak a while ago and Rhianna has had her eye on it since I got it, but I only have the one so wouldn't give her it lol. So I think it was very generous to use it on her card eh? lol, just kidding, I kept it to use for her card because it's her favourite.
She also loves these Basic Grey papers so I knew I had to use them and of course what little princess doesn't like glitter and bling? So I had to use some stickles on the image and lots of bling.
The flowers are a mix of punched, a Prima and some I won in a candy a few months ago.
sentiment is SU! and is punched out with the SU! scalloped oval punch.
The little angel charm says "made for an angel" on the back, just perfect for my little angel :)
So what do you think, will she like it?
I can't believe she is 6, just seems like yesterday she was born. We were talking earlier and she said "Mummy, you know when I go to sleep tonight I will grow, and when I wake up in the morning I will be as big as a 6 year old" lol. I say to the kids on every birthday, wow look how big you are now you are 5 or whatever age they are. She must of remembered and thought that she will actually grow to be the same size as the other 6 year olds in her class. Bless her, she is the smallest kid in her class, so she might be gutted tomorrow when she gets to school and they are all still bigger than her lol. Might have to speak to her about that before she goes to school!
Well hope you are having a good evening/day. I am off to do some blog hopping.

Lora x

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Gorgeous card Lora!! So sweet and I love her sparkly wings!! HUGS

Stef H said...

oh lora! this is gorgeous! and rhianna (gorgeous name, BTW) is gonna love. you're such a great mommy!

hugs, and a big squees for rhianna from me!

Curt in Indy said...

She is priceless! What cute things kids say huh? The card is so sweet, and I know she will love it. I have to tell you that I had this flash thought when I saw the card and read about the charm. . .I could see her as an adult holding it and remembering her day and that you made it for her. This is certainly a keepsake! Happy Birthday to her! Best, Curt

Rach said...

this is a gorgeous card Lora, hugs Rachxx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, wonderful image and fab flowers and colours.
luv
Debby

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the sparkly wings!!

Lynda Nielsen said...

Awwwm this is adorable Lora...
I'm loving those wings!!!
Hugs
Lynda =)

Beryl said...

Hi Lora, I'm here to say 'Hello' and introduce myself as one of the lucky ones to be picked for Jane's challenge. I can see I'm gpoing to love visiting your blog as you do great things.
Beryl xx

Heather said...

Oh wowee Lora - this is just stunning - love it all. Bet Rhianna loved it as well. Fabulous image and coloured and glittered to perfection.Your sentiment, the flowers and that adorable charm are just perfect.
hugs Heather xx

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Lora hun...sorry I not been over or emailed...you know how it is. I guess you will be around more now the kiddies are back at school. Wish i'd of know it was Rihanna's Bday I wouldv sent her a card bless her. I dont have that image sweetheart or I would send you some. sowwy cant help there.

Happy Birthday to Rihanna hun.

Beautiful card poppet.
Hugs
Lisa.xxx