Monday 14 September 2009

Christmas already?

I thought I should maybe make a card for my blog while I had the chance tonight because I know I am going to be busy this week. I was going to keep it for a day I didn't have anything to post, but I know I will forget to post it then lol, so here it is now.
There is a fun sketch over at Create 4 fun, which of course I had to have a go at, You know I love sketches.
I must say though, I thought this card would fall over when stood up because it has so much different layers lol. I matted the layers as well so it's not exactly a light card. Think I will give this one to someone who lives nearby to save on postage lol.
I used two of the new craft stamps from Janlynn's new Stamps Happen Holiday Line. I masked teh cute penguin (Penguin Santa) and stamped all over with the Christmas Snowflakes stamp, then embossed teh snowflakes with gold embossing powder and coloured the penguin in with Copics.
The papers are new ones I got the other day and are by Crafts House. these papers have a lovely sheen to them which you can't really see here.
The flowers all all Primas, but I inked one of them around the edges because I didn't have another one the same colour.
I think I like this pastel colours for Christmas cards, what do you think?

I got new shelves and boxes for my craft stuff the other day so I am hoping to get the shelving unit up and all my crafty stuff in the boxes over the next few days. Probably no point though because I will never keep my stuff tidy. If it's messy it looks like I have more than I actually do, so I don't need to buy lots more lol. That's my excuse to Barry and I'm sticking to it pmsl.
I only tidy up when I want something new lol.

Lora x

4 comments:

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous. i can just imagine how heavy it is. don't matter..... it's still gorgeous!

hugs,

Anonymous said...

Check out that penguin!! Is he not the cutest thing or what?!!! I love all the beautiful touches you've put on your card!! HUGS

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hunny this is super I love that penguin image and your super soft colour, hope you are all well
Hugs Jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorabel, beautiful colours.
luv
Debby