Sunday 25 September 2011

A card just for fun

I made a Christmas card the other day just for fun, but forgot to post it on my blog, so here it is :)



I used some papers from a pad I got in a magazine...can't remember what company it is.
Left it really simple since the image takes up most of the card. The image is a Whipper Snapper stamp that I have had since I first started stamping! It's one of the few wooden mounted stamps I have left from my old house, so thought I should use it. I coloured as usual with Promarkers and used some glitter too.
The snowflakes are cut with a Marianne Designs die and you can't really see, but I cut around the baubles on the strip of dp at the bottom.

 The sentiment stamp I used actually had little dots around the Merry Christmas but I added some tiny seed beads over them.

That's it from me tonight. It's pouring of rain here, so I might just have a card to show tomorrow since the weather is pants and there's no chance I'm going out in it tomorrow except to take the kids to and from school!
Hope the weather is better where you are!!



4 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

so glad you managed to save that stamp-- its wonderful and looks great with the papers
Love the little beads round the sentiment too
Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lora, snap I got those papers as well I couldn't resist buying the magazine so i could have them, lol, loving the design of this one and that image is terrific.
Hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Lora.
luv
Debby

Ellibelle said...

Super cute Lora! Love that image and great sketch. Perfect to show off that cute stamp! Hope you're having better weather soon! It's been starting to feel like fall/autumn around here today with fog and chilly.