Monday 19 September 2011

A lot of girly pink!

I have 2 cards to show today, but first I just want to say thank you for all the lovely comments about the Saturated Canary card I made.
I've been feeling a bit lost without my crafty stash (although a few of my dt buddies have sent me stuff to get me going, thanks again ladies xx) so all your comments really made my day :)

First up is a card I made following the sketch at Sketch Saturday.


Pink overload on this one I think! lol
This is the first time I have used the Teddy Bea/Bo images and I know it won't be the last, they are sooo cute. I coloured her with Promarkers and added some diamond stickles to her wings, wand, hat and pom pom.
The papers are mostly Papermania although I'm not sure about the base one.




Lots of differnt dies on this one and a crotchet flower by Anna Griiffin.
I wanted to enter a few challenges that want you to use dies and punches (although I can only find one of them now! lol) but I don't have any border punches now and only have a few SU punches so I had to be a bit creative.
I got the little butterflies from a friend so I am not sure if they are punched, so incase they are not, I used a SU! small scalloped oval punch and punched each corner with it. I would of never thought of using this punch like that before, I have only ever used it to punch out the sentiments to match the set, but I was trying to find a corner rounder punch (which I know I have somewhere), couldn't find it but came across this one instead and the idea came to me. I think I kinda like it lol. It's different, and I like different :)
I threaded some ribbon through the border (marianne designs die), added some gems to the butterflies, and added some stickles around the edge of the sentiment die cut.

Here's the other challenges that I am entering with this one.

Ooh La La Creations- Punches and Dies
Moving Along With The Times- Sparkle (loads of stickles everywhere lol)
Papertake Weekly- Things With Wings
Pollycraft Monday- Swirls and Pearls (there is a pearl on my flower)

And my other card is one that I made for my Daughter Rhianna's birthday which was on the 10th, but I forgot to blog it.


Not much I can tell you about this one...I don't know what makes the papers are and the flowers and lace were a gift from a friend.
The image though is of course LOTV and is one of their cute squares. These are great for when you don't have time to colour an image.
I just noticed that there was a butterfly on the top right corner but it's fell off....oops. If you look closely you can see where it was becasue there's a wee mark there.


Isn't that lace gorgeous? Rhianna loved it :)

I'm sure I followed a sketch for this card but I made it a while ago so the challenge will have been finished long ago.

I'm entering this one into the following challenges.

Stamp With Fun- Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by, and if you have time please leave me a comment. I love to read them and appreciate every one :)


7 comments:

DesignerDiva said...

2 beautiful cards, your Teddy Bea is stunning!

Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our 'Sparkle' challenge this week and good luck

Hugs Laurie x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both gorgeous hun, love the pink....ya can never have to much pink lol!!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Joey said...

Hi lora
these are two beautiful cards, I love that lacey ribbon on the second card its gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at pollycraft. Joey x

Jo said...

2 beauties! both are very pretty.
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Sketch Saturday.
Jo xx

Faye said...

Oh these are both hugely pretty and very girly. Just what I need on a Friday night! Thanks so much for playing at Sketch Saturday and good luck! x

Wendi said...

Wow what gorgeous cards
I think the second one is my fav the lace and colours are divine
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love all the flourishes. Thanks for sharing with us at OLL this time. Hugs
Dawn x