Tuesday 17 July 2012

A couple of DT cards

I have two dt cards to show today for By The Cute and Girly and Digital Tuesday, so there will be quite a few pics today.

My first card is for By The Cute and Girly where the theme this month is "A Day At........"
I already had a card made for this challenge a while ago, but I have no idea where I put it and haven't took a pic of it, so will show that one when it turn up lol. So I had to make another one and it just so happened that Krista was giving away a free Saturated Canary digi when I was about to make my card, so I just had to use it :)
I'm having problems crafting just now as my left hand and wrist is totally numb (been like that for the last few weeks!) I had this on and off for about a year (maybe more), but it has never been this bad. I can't even hold a piece of ribbon to cut it without my hand shaking like crazy :( It's sooo frustrating, but at least I am right handed and can still colour :) It's just hard to do everything with one hand, so I enlisted the help of my 7 year old daughter Chiara to help with the distressing and inking on this card!! lol



This image is called "Fancy" and I think it would be good for a wedding card, but I have gone with "A Day At The Prom"....well it would actually be a night at the prom but never mind lol.
I coloured her with Copics then distressed the edges and inked them up a bit (with the help of Chiara). A bit more ink than I would of liked but never mind.
The papers are all from My Minds Eye, Lost and Found collection. I still love these papers, but only have tiny scraps left now :(
Oh except the sheet music which is from an old sheet music book.
All the papers were distressed and inked.
I also added some cheesecloth which a lovely blogging friend sent me as I had been wanting some for ages and couldn't find it anywhere, so she sent me a small piece to play with :) Thanks again hun xx
 Some sparkly white and gold lace, which I threaded through a pearl ribbon slider, both of which I got from my fabby friend Geraldine (thanks again Ger xx).
Some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and little pink pearl hearts, and a beautiful embroidered butterfly from Little Snippets.
 You can find this gorgeous swirly sheer lace butterfly here
And a little close up of the image. I haven't listed colours as the post is long enough lol, but if you want to know, email me or leave a message in my chart box and I will let you know which colours I used :)

Onto my other card which is for Digital Tuesday and the challenge this week is "All Tied Up".
Our sponsor this week is My Heart Pieces 
and the owner Priyanka gave me an image to play with :)
I wish I had used different colours on this card because I really don't like this green and yellow very much, but I will show it anyway.

 Sorry about the blurry pics, not sure what happened here lol.
I used some Raspperry Road papers which I love the print on, but wish it was in different colours....like pink lol.
I used some old flowers from my stash, along with some embroidered leaves from Little Snippets. 
 You can find them here and some card candy.
I cut a large scalloped square with my Cricut, added some ribbon and I used some little star charms that Ger sent me to make a little dangly charm thing with some funky fibers.

The image was coloured with Copics, and I have to say that her dress/top does not look like that irl!! Not sure what happened with the pic ,but it looks like the greens aren't blended together at all...weird!!
Oh and I cut the image out with a Nellie Snellen die.
 
Finally a close up of the dangling charm thing lol.

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you will join in with one or both of the challenges.







8 comments:

Jan said...

Fabulous cards xx Jan

nnalorac said...

Your partner in crime has done a great job Lora, clever daughter you have. Gorgeous cards, lovely designs and images. You've maybe trapped a nerve somewhere and need some physio. Carolxx

Brigitte said...

WOW, you and Chiara has done an amazing job!!!! I love your cards, specially the night at the prom. You coloured her beautifully, we wouldn't even know you have a problem with your left hand. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Brigitte

Kate said...

Lovely, both cards, but especially the 1st ;)

Feel better soon {{{hugs}}}

** Kate **

Unknown said...

wow lora both cards are fabbby hunnie...love them both and especially the green it all looks fine to me on your blending..gorgeous embellies love that neellie frame..hugs sassyxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards Lora, both are adorable too.
luv
Debby

Céline said...

fab cards Lora, love the gorgeous papers and your image is wondeful!
hugs
céline

Priyanka said...

I am really sorry to hear about your problem as you are such a wonderful crafter, both card are really gorgeous and Ankhi is really looking extraordinary in your creation. I am so happy, you really did an amazing job.