Tuesday 10 July 2012

Rock A Bye Baby

The new challenge is up over at Digital Tuesday and this week, the challenge is to decorate the inside of your cards. That was an easy one for me because I always decorate the inside, although I sometimes decorate the insides after I have taken a pic for my blog (normally because I am running late!) and I even when I have them decorated in time, I never really show pics of the inside. I always forget to take a pic.

Anyway, our sponsor this week is Bugaboo Stamps and I used one of their images for my card.
I chose a sweet baby image called Boo Peeker- Rocking Horse, hence my title for this post :)
I have quite a few pics so you may want to grab a cuppa and get comfortable before reading the rest of this post!


No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get good pics of this card and the colours don't look the same in real life.... they are softer than they show up here.
I coloured the cute image with Copics and a tiny touch of pink Promarker (list of colours are at the bottom of the post because I actually remembered to keep a list!!), then cut it out and matted with scalloped circle nesties.
I followed the sketch over at Charisma cardz, I used some more of the First Edition papers, they are just sooo pretty:)
The flowers are ones I found in my stash and a pretty crotchet one from Little Snippets which I added a button too.
Some ribbon from my stash and some lilac tulle which you can't really see but I cut some little bits and added them under the flowers.

 
 I decorated both sides inside with the same papers, kinda following through from the sketch on the front. On the right, I used a little flower and some tulle strips and left a plain white panel to write on.
On the left, I just tied some more tulle around one of the panels :)



I just had to show a close up of the image because it's so sweet :)

 

Last photo (promise!! lol), a close up of the pretty flowers. I don't normally use flowers like these (the paper ones), and I was going to use some roses, but the only ones I have left in pink or lilac are large ones and I thought they looked a bit odd on this card, so I had a look in my stash and found a pack of these that had never been opened (think I got them from Barry's Mum's friend when she gave me a pile of stuff because she was moving to a smaller house and couldn't take all  her crafty stash with her) and the colour was right, so I just used them. I do love WOC roses, but these are a nice change and my flower stash is rather low, so it means that I can what few roses I have left for a little bit longer lol.

Oh and before I forget, here the list of markers I used.

skin- E11, E00, E000 and R20 for cheeks
Horse- E25, E35, E31
Clothes and other bits of horse- V04, V01, V000, RV2, R000 and a tiny bit of Pink Carnation Promarker.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such lovely comments. It really does mean a lot to me and I do read every comment, even though it may take me a while to publish them.
Hope to see some of you join in with this weeks challenge :)






4 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Such a sweet baby card. Love the embellies!

Unknown said...

hi lora...my she is a cutie pie...and lovely colours too fabby card hun hugs sassyxx

Crafting Diva said...

Hi super sweet card love all the detail!!!!

girls bedroom ideas said...

Hi there
Loras cards
Beautiful choice! Awesome article and straight to the point. I definitely believe what you stated!