Tuesday 24 July 2012

Vintage/Shabby chic for Digital Tuesday

It's time for a new challenge over at Digital Tuesday and this week we have a fab inspiration picture from Maya to be inspired by.


Isn't it gorgeous! I really enjoyed this challenge :)
Our sponsor this week is Mayzy Art who also gave the design team images to play with.
She has some great images and I suggest you go check out her store if you haven't already, but don't blame me for you blowing all your pay on her digis!! lol
Unfortunately my image doesn't go so well with the style of card I made as I was the last to choose an image (we had to all choose a different one and I thought I would be nice and let everyone else choose first lol) and I chose one that didn't go so well with the shabby chic kind of style, but I still love the image and will defo use it again :)

So here's what I did.....please remember I made this with one hand more or less lol.
Be prepared for quite a few pics as there's a quite a lot of detail on this one that you can't really see properly in the main pic, so I took close ups :)
 
I used some Raspberry Road papers in the colours of the inspiration pic and glittered (with stickles) all the edges of the cream card I used to mat the layers with.
Also the flowers and die cuts are glittered to really make the card sparkle.
The larger flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the small ones are from my stash, as is the pink pearl hearts, lace and sequined/beaded ribbon.
I used a fiskars (I think) punch to do the decorative corners. It's one of those which punches on one side and punch/embosses with the other, so I punched the pattered paper and embossed the cream card, but you don't really see the embossing as I covered most of it up lol.


The image is called Jean and I have coloured her with Copics, and cut her out with a Nellie Snellen die, then inked and glittered the edges.
The flourish was cut with a Marianne die.
 

The pretty metal corner was a gift from my bloggy friend Ger.

This die cut (the one under the image) was also cut with a Marianne die.
And finally, I added a beautiful butterfly which was also a gift from my friend Ger. Thank you hun xx
I must admit I didn't really want to use this on my card as I only have 1 left now and I love them. I wanted to keep them just to look at lol, but I was brave and used one lol.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you will pop over and check out what the rest of the dt have done and maybe join in with this weeks challenge.

Lora x









2 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Beautiful card! Love all the glitz and glam details!

febe said...

Fabulous card on the image and embellishments. Also with the colors. Awesome!

seo services surrey