Sunday 1 February 2009

Another quick card

2nd post today!


This is another card for my Father In Law (well kind of my FIL because I'm not married but you know what I mean)


I made this card with my 3 year old Daughter Chiara, so you will see all the wet glue marks lol, but it i still wet so these should dry clear. I just wanted to show it before I give it to him later today.

This was is a very simple card but it's from the kids to their Papa so I wanted to make it fun and do something that they could help with, although my oldest two deserted me so I ended up making it with just Chiara.

I used silver card as the base and added a piece of black and silver handmade paper, I don't know if you can see for the messy glue but the silver is stitching. Then I stuck a piece of zig zag embossed white card accross the card. I don't know where this came from as it was in a off cut pack I bought off ebay. It is very deeply embossed and the zig zags really stick out. I stamped the frog directly onto my card base and coloured him with Sakura gelly roll pens to make him glittery just for fun and added some glossy accents to his shades.
I had the idea of stamping the frog then placing the letters so it looked like they were coming out of his trumpet, but then my son Liam said why don't you make it a water trumpet since he's a frog, which I thought was a cool idea, so I tried to do both.
I made "bubbles" with some glossy accents then went round them with a black marker when then had dried and finaly added the letters.
The letters were plain chipboard letters from craft essentials and I double embossed them with silver embossing powder (heat it up) then coated them with glossy accents to make them shiney.
I hope you enjoyed this fun card and I really hope the glue dries on time and doesn't leave that awfull mess. (I will just have to modify the card a bit if it does lol)
Thanks for looking

Lora

No comments: