Sunday 8 February 2009

challenge card

I have made this card for both the mojo monday sketch challenge and also the House Mouse challenge which was to do a valentines theme. I used spray adhesive (I hate that stuff!) because I ran out of double sided tape, and some of the edges are peeling away a little but I will fix it when I get some more tape.



I used another 12x12 double sided paper, this time from Fancy Pants, which was very appropriate for a valentines card as the name of the paper is first date.
The pink side of this paper was quite bare in the middle and had flourishes and stuff in two corners so I used the bottom right of the sheet so you would still be able to see some of the pretty pattern in the corner (I hate covering up pretty patterns lol). The strip in the middle is the other side of the same sheet and I cut a thin strip with my wavy paper cutter to add to the bottom as the sketch showed scalloped edges and around the circle but I dont have anything to do scallops with so thought waves were better than nothing. I then added some ribbon from my stash and layered up 2 prima flowers and fastened on with a brad.
The cream and mint wavy card are linen look card from my stash.
The image is a very old house mouse stamp but I still love it, and the sentiment is a stamp I got free in a magazine.
I stamped the mice onto Pink pearlescent card then coloured them with my copics and finally punched some little pink lips with a punch I got from a friend but had never used up untill now.

I'm always a bit worried about putting cards with the house mouse images on my blog for people to see because I am rubbish at colouring the mice but this one turned out not too bad :)
I will have to keep trying with my copics though because I love these stamps and have just got a couple of new ones.

Thanks for looking and please let me know what you think about any of my cards. I love reading your comments even if they are just telling me what I could improve on.

Hugs
Lora



















1 comment:

Emma said...

hee hee that image always puts a smile on my face. Great card. x