Monday 23 February 2009

House Mouse Sketch Challenge card

I have been so busy today because it was my Son's birthday and I haven't had a chance to post my card for the House Mouse Challenge which I finished last night. So I thought I'd better get it on here now before I'm too late!


I can't believe my little boy is 11 already, wow it makes me feel old lol. He had a good day and got loads of money to buy what he wants with so he's a happy boy :)

At least he has money, unlike me who hasn't been able to buy any crafty goodies this week as I gave Liam £100 and bought him some toys for his birthday. I did buy a box of goodies from Arty Miss last week though but they haven't arrived yet :(

I thought they might arrive on Thursday or Friday so I would of had some new stash even though I had no money to go to the craft shop, but no sign of them yet. Maybe tomorrow.....I hope!

Never the mind the smile on his face when he opened his cards and pressies were well worth it :D :D


Right onto the card
I'm not very happy with the colouring on this image. The colour I normaly use for my mice has ran out. I only bought the pen about 2 weeks ago (by the way it's a copic) and although I haven't used it that much, it's dry already! So I had to use a darker brown.
Well you know I coloured with copics. The image is an old House Mouse stamp that I got in my local craft shop for £5. The stripy paper is some of my new paper made by s.e.i that my Daughter Chiara picked for me. She is only 3 but already has great taste lol. I really like this paper but at £1.35 a sheet from my local craft shop, I don't think it will be one I buy a lot of just now. Although it is a 12x12 and is double sided and glittered, so it's not that expensive I suppose.
The brown card is Bazzil basics and I embossed with the cuttlebug swiss dots folder. Buttons, crochet ribbon and charm are all from my stash.
Thanks for looking. Please leave me a comment if you have the time good or bad I don't mind as long as someone speaks to me lol.
Hugs Lora

5 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Lora,
Happy Birthday to your son! Believe me you are not old if your son is eleven. Pop over to my blog, scroll down, and check out my "baby" who is 20 years old. He's much taller than I am. But he's a handsome guy in his tux.
I really like the mouse. He's so cute! Coloring is my biggest problem. Wish I had the key to do it correctly. I think you did a fine job on the mouse. He's a keeper.
Hope all is well with you. Take care.
Hugs,
Donna

Carolyn Bounds said...

I am happy to hear that your son had a wonderful birthday and has become a rather rich, young man;o) I bet he is looking forward to the turning 12...even if mommy is not. I know what you mean about feeling older when your children celebrates a new birthday...where does the time go?

I love your HM card!!! Even though you had to color your mousie a darker brown, he still looks darling:o) I love your card, and your daughter does have great taste!!! That paper is gorgeous!!!!

I am happy you could play along with us in this week's challenge!!! I cannot wait to see more of your fabulous creations in future HM&F challenges!!!:O)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Carmen O. said...

What a cute mousie card! I love the colors you chose. And your brown mouse is cute too. Great take on the challenge.

My oldest will be 20 this year and my youngest 16! So talk about feeling old.

Have a great week!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like your little boy (not so little anymore *sob*) had a fabby day & was utterly spoilt - yes us mums do have to make sacrifices for our children lol

Great card too - love these images x

cats whiskers said...

Oh what a great card this is so adore that image. Happy birthday to yiur sin, tell him all the best people are born in Fenruary he!he!
Hugs Jacqui x