Thursday 5 February 2009

Papertake weekly challenge card

I made this card today for the papertake weekly challenge. The challenge was to use flowers or hearts or both.
I didn't use any hearts but I did use loads of flowers!


I got this Magnolia image from a friend and I think she is so cute.


I used a ribbed gold/brown cardstock to make my card base, then cut a square of designer paper just a little smaller than the base and stuck it on then a strip of the same paper for down the middle (it's double sided), which I punched at both ends with a border punch.

I coloured my image with copics and mounted her on with dimentionals.

I wanted to use some prima flowers for this card but i didn't have any in the colours I wanted so I cut some flower shapes from a few different colours of card stock, some which were embossed in my cuttlebug and others just textured card I had scraps of, then layered them all up with dimentionals and stuck a pearl gem in the centre.
Oh forgot to say that I inked the edges of the card and dp and also the flowers with brown ink (maybe a bit much ink but never mind, it looks ok) and went round the edges of my image with the copic colours I had used to colour her after I cut it out so the white edges wouldn't show.

This was a easy card to make but I think it is my favourite card I have made so far.

Probably because I love the image and it reminds me of my 4 year old niece Regan who I don't see very often anymore. She just has the same cheeky little face (without the pixie ears of course lol) and the same hair.

I might give this to her for her birthday this year.





Thanks for looking


Hugs


Lora


No comments: