Sunday 15 February 2009

Finally back online!!

I am finally back online after days of having no internet or phone!

First my phone line was broken and I had to wait 2 days for someone to come fix it then just when I got back online AOL's server went down and I couldn't get on again for days!!

I have been totaly lost without the internet and my daily fix of blog hopping lol. How sad am I? At least it's gave me time to make some cards though.

I was on Splitcoast stampers earlier and was looking through all the projects and found a cute triangle trifold card and decided to give it a try. It was really easy so I decided to make another one but I wasn't paying attention and scored one of the lines the wrong way. I was going to just throw it in the bin but while I was looking at more of the projects I saw another card that I thought I might be able to turn it into.
I am just in the middle of making it so I will post later to let you know how it turns out, unless it's a total disaster then I probably wont lol.

Anyway heres the triangle trifold card I made.It actually looks bigger than it really is. I can't remember the exact measurements but you can find them all on Splitcoast Stampers. This is the card folded and tied.


For the card base I used lilac pearlescent card stock, Laura Ashley paper from the traditional pack (I know I've used loads of this papers lately). Then I attatched some ribbon from my stash around the card, sticking it at the back and under the layered image. I didn't stick it anywhere else so the card would be able to open properly. (see pic below)


My image is a tiny House Mouse stamp I bought 3 months ago but this is the first time I've used it and is coloured with copics. I stamped it on the same card as I used for the base and layered it onto some purple mirror card. Then added some prima flowers to finish it off.
This is the inside of the card. I have flattened it all out so you can see how the base is made. I think the base is 3 or 4 " x 11".
It is basically just 3 equal squares with the ones on the end scored diagonally.
I used the same House Mouse image inside but this time stamped it into white shimmery textured paper I got off ebay a while back and layered it on the same purple mirror card as before.
I would like to make this card in a bigger size as I never really make small cards like this, but it was a nice change.

Sorry for the long post today but I am loving being able to post on my blog again lol.
Please feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this card and remember to check back later to see if I made a disaster of the other one!

Hugs
Lora

No comments: