Monday 4 May 2009

Anya does Cutie Sunday

Managed to get another challenge card done tonight. this one is for Cutie Sunday .
The sketch is a simple one but so much you could do with it. I just stuck with the sketch the way it was this time.



I got the gorgeous image from Susie a few weeks ago and thought it was about time I used her. She also gave me the die cut matting shape I have used too. Susie has loads of gorgeous die-cuts in her shop including different kinds of matting shapes. (link to her shop in my sidebar)
Instead of using the usual Primas, I used these beautiful flowers which are from a Fred She Said digi set. I really like the effect you get with these and doesn't it make a lovely change from the norm? I coloured these by hand but I was going to play about colouring them in photoshop except my photoshop program didn't wan't to open for me, grrrr. After colouring them I cut down between each petal and gently folded them in half so they had more dimention. I also curved the leaves although you probably can't see that too well here, but IRL they look lovely.

Recipe:
designer paper: fancy pants, double sided (I used both sides)
Images: Anya from Susie, digi flowers and leaves from Fred She Said
Colouring: Copics
embelishments: papermania brads because it's the only ones I can find! Kanban pearls, charm from ebay, spacers from Holburn Crafts in Aberdeen, chipboard sweet sentiment thing from stash.


That's it from me for tonight. I'm off to my bed for a long snooze. Might even get a long lie because it's a holiday Monday tomorrow and kids are off school. I doubt that but I can dream can't I? and that's exactly what I am away to do.
Nite Nite

Hugs Lora x

10 comments:

carol said...

fab image, these stamps are so hard to get hold off! This card is wonderful, x carol

Lilacanglia said...

Delicate,
super colours,
Hugs
Angie

Marjanne said...

Hello, i love it, the colors , the charm, the stamp, all of it! have a good day!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is so pretty Lora and I love the gorgeous colours and flowers, Re: HH Challenges. We welcome all players and would prefer you to use HH but if that isn't possible don't worry. Good luck and keep entering and you may win your first! Big Hugs, Nikki x

strawberry fields said...

Hi Lora

Cute card :) Thank you for looking at my blog. You'll have to drop hints about craft stuff to your family.....I agree rock isn't all that exciting!

Fiona x

Bev said...

Wonderful card hun, so much beautiful detail and a fabulous choice of papers.

Stef H said...

Lora! This is just beautiful. Those flowers are gorgeous!

Hugs,

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lora,l love the stamp and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Wonderful card, Lora! I love the colours and the colouring is fab!

:)* Fred

*Arwen* said...

What a cutie little girl :) Thanks for taking part this week.

xoxo Arwen (Cutie Sunday Team)