Wednesday 21 October 2009

Christmas and Autum in one post!

I have made a card which ties in with a few challenges but the main reason I made it was for the DT call for Susie's new challenge "Susie's Sassy Challenge" she is looking for a dt member so I thought I would give it a go. You can read all about it here. So for the call you have to make a Christmas Card or project. Wish me luck!

I am really annoyed because it is pouring of rain and I couldn't get outside to take a photo so I had to make do with this one. It's not as clear as I would like especially for applying for a DT call but I didn't want to wait until I could get a better photo because the DT call might be over by the time the rain stops!
I am also entering this card into a few challenges#
Die Cut Dreams - Winter Wonderland
High Hopes - Non Traditional Christmas
Paper Play - Favourite Embelishments, I used flowers and pin

Back to the card, the beautiful Sugar Nellie image was a RAk I got from Lorraine and I couldn't wait to colour her, isn't she beautiful? Of course I coloured her with Copics and used some Frosted Lace on the snowflakes. Papers are Stampin Up and Basic Grey. Flowers are a mix from my stash, pin and tulle is from Tabby Crafts. I also rubbed some of the stickles on the flowers with my finger to give them some sparkle. I really want some glimmer mists but the craft shop near me doesn't sell them :( Think I will have to do some shopping online soon.

Now the other day, I said I would be back later with a wallet I made for By the Cute and Girly, but I forgot lol, so here it is a few days late! It has been on the challenge blog since the first but as the challenge runs for a month, I wanted to space my cards/projects out on my own blog throughout the month. If you haven't entered yet, you still have loads of time to do so. the theme is "Autumn Glory" and you can make whatever you want. And of course there are some fab prizes up for grabs.
You may remember that me and my Daughter Rhianna made one of these a few weeks ago. They are so easy to make and only take 5 minutes to finish.I would probably never actually use this for anything but it was fun to make.
I first cut the wallet shape out of some cardstock then used 2 sheets of 6x6" K&Co papers to cover both the outside and inside. The acorn and letters are from Summer Driggs Fall digi set and a button from my stash.

And the inside
The tree is another element from Summer Driggs' set and the flowers are Primas. The tickets were stamped onto white card and then sponged them with some distress ink. The stamp was a freebie from a magazine.

Well that's it from me for now, becuase the kids are driving me up the wall!

Lora x

15 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Fantastic card Lora and the wallet is a fab idea too
thank for joining us this week at the DCD challenge
Love Susie xx

Susie Sugar said...

And just to keep everything seperate I am leaving another comment to say thank you for entering my search for a new DT member for my new monthly "Susie's sassy challenge" excellent work Lora
Hugs Susie xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Hi Lora, truely beautiful card, gorgeous image coloured fantastically. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck with Susie's DT call too.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

coldwaters2 said...

Lora this card shows why you are a very popular and much loved crafter and DT member of challenge blogs .......it is awesome those colours and your design are wonderful and that image looks just to beautiful for words I wish you all the luck there is and really hope you get chosen.

I love your wallet as well I seen the other ones that you and Rhianna did and I think they are brilliant to give little Christmas presents in like gift tokens.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Victoria said...

lovely card and fab wallet too

Thanks for playing along at DCD this week

Victoria
x

Karen said...

Very nice Laura. Thanks for joining us this week at DCD.
xx

Beryl said...

Aw bless. She is so sweet. The colour scheme is lovely. Good luck.
Beryl xx

Stef H said...

oh sweetie.... in my opinion you're a shoo-in for that DT spot! and if the card doesn't do it that wallet card will. they're both gorgeous! good luck. i'll be praying for ya.

hugs,

dpkennedy said...

Super winter card you made for the HH challenge! The acorn wallet is gorgeous too! Thanks for playing the HH challenge!!

Audrey said...

what a beautiful card!

Nicola said...

Wow Lora, fabulous colouring to this gorgeous image and your papers and layout are so pretty. Ooh that wee wallet is fabulous too.
Thank you for playing along with us at Die Cut Dreams this week and good luck with the DT call.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Mummylade said...

love the flowers, Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week.

Merry said...

What a beautiful card and really like the wallet idea.

Amy said...

Awww... what a sweet card!

Julie M said...

Great card, Lora. I really love the way you've built the spray of flowers and pin - gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie