Tuesday 27 October 2009

Digital Tuesday DT card

This week at Digital Tuesday it's a colour challenge set by Michelle P. This is Michelle's first time to host and she has chosen the colour ORANGE, KRAFT and another colour of your choice (doesn't have to be a Fall/Autumn card). You can make whatever you like as long as it's a new creation (not posted on your blog before today) ,you use these colours and use a digital image. Our sponsor this week is our own Ellie who is giving 3 digi's from Digital Stamp Oasis.
I told you yesterday I had another Halloween card to show you so here it is.



As you can see, I really cheated with this card. My other colour was purple because I wanted to use these Halloween papers up, but I got carried away and didn't notice until after I put it up on the DT blog that I had used black as well....oops, sorry Michelle.
I didn't have any Kraft paper so I had to improvise. The other girls on the DT gave me some suggestions, use a brown paper bag or the inside of a box, but I couldn't find a brown paper bag (we just don't get them in many shops here) but I did find a brown envelope which I thought would be easier to use than a box so I punched some flowers from the envelope.
I know there is only a tiny bit of Kraft colour there but it is there so I didn't really cheat on that part.
I then also realised that my image is white so that's 5 colours instead of 3 lol. But I don't think black and white counts as colours anyway do they? So I didn't cheat after all :) Ok I know I totally cheated but I promise I didn't do it on purpose. I just seem to do stupid things like this then realise after I have posted them that something is wrong.

Recipe:
Papers: Bo Bunny Halloween collection. They are double sided and the spotty purple is the back of the other purple one), and a piece of an old brown envelope. I think I should get brownie points for recycling :) lol
Image: Dustin Pike freebie digi. I cut off the string and added some paper wire.
Embelies: Halloween ribbon (still not sure who makes it) which I just noticed there is black on that too lol. Buttons from Stef
Tools: Stampin Up! 5 petal flower punch

That's it from me just now but I hope to be back later with another card and I also have some news about my candy giveaway which I will share with you later :)

Lora

6 comments:

Beryl said...

This is a great card. Does black count as a colour anyway? You have to have black to outline the image. I've never heard of Kraft before so I know I won't have any. (At first I though it was some shade of colour I hadn't heard of.)
Beryl xx

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous! i love all the colors on it - right or wrong - and i'm loving those flowers.

hugs,

Michelle Pearson said...

you are so funny! I even added extra colors on my card....but we tried anyway right?! ;)

Love your layout, and the kraft flowers are the perfect touch!

Holly Young said...

Doesn't matter if you cheated a bit on the challenge, it turned out fabulous! I love that ribbon! The look on the little ghost's face is priceless!

My name is Wynneth said...

Great card Lora :o)

hugs
wynneth
x

Ria said...

This is a lovely card ;)
hugs Ria