Monday 26 January 2009

My card from Meda

I got a lovely surprise in the mail today. The card I won on Meda's blog came and it is even prettier in real life. I also got some handmade flowers like the one on the card and it was all in a lovely co-ordinating box. I just love this card and it's really put me in a great mood today :D :D Thanks Meda!


The card was made using a cuttlebug. Meda painted over the blue cardstock with white acrylic paint then sanded it (I think) to reveal the blue underneath.
Meda please let me know if I am wrong :)
I can never get the cardstock with a different coloured inside here so I think I will give this a try. Just need to get some acrylic paint first.....

Thank you Meda xx

1 comment:

Businesswoman said...

You got it right Lora: paint-emboss-sand-embellish. You can also use gift wrap paper for the same effect. It has a different colored core. As for the acrylic paint, I bought a set from an art store. It came in small tubes and I had 24 colors to play with. You can then buy bigger tubes of just the colors you use more. These paints are very versatile for crafts because they work on everything (from paper to metal) and they dry super fast.