Tuesday 28 April 2009

Another challenge

This is my 3rd challenge card today. Wow I am doing well!
I followed the sketch by the fantastic Bev over at Stamp With Fun and I added some gems which means I can also enter it for this weeks challenge at Cute Daisy May and I used some gems on my card which means I can also enter it for this weeks challenge which is gems. Bev is guest designer on both challenges this week, what a busy girl you have been this week Bev!
I have stuck to the sketch as it was except used a circle for my image instead of an oval. (got to get some oval nesties next lol)
I have used this image quite a few times since I bought this stamp but I love Sugar Nellie and only have 3 of their stamps so far so I have to use them over and over untill I get more. (that was a huge hint to Barry to buy me some just incase he reads this !!) I bought Porridge the pig at the same time I bought this one and I still haven't inked it up because every card I make I don't think the image goes very well. I think I might have to make it my mission to use poor Porridge on a card in the next few days. I thought I would have another go at sanding the edges of my papers but I kind of took it a bit far and ripped the paper in a few places, so carefully placed flowers and swirls are there to hide that lol. As you can see I am still having some trouble with dangling charms because I don't have jump rings!! This time I used some embroidery thread to see if it would sit better but there's not much improvement lol. A trip to the bead shop is the order of the day me thinks.
Right thats it for me till tomorrow, when I will be showing you my first card as designer for Digital Tuesday Challenge!

Recipe
papers: The Paper Company
Stamp: Sugar Nellie Picking Apples
Colouring: Copics
Tools: small classic scalloped circles nestabilities, swirl punch by All Night Media
Embelishments: Prima flowers, charm, flower gems and lace all from my stash.
Sentiment: Computer generated


Hugs Lora x

13 comments:

Marjanne said...

a very nice card, I love the colours and the whole compo!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lora,l love the stamp and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Lilacanglia said...

super card and colours,
hugs
Angie

Mona said...

Hi,
your card is so wonderful, great take on the sketch.
Hugs Mona (SWF-Team)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Lori, thank you for joining us at Cute Daisy May this week.
Ann x

Rainbow Lady said...

Fabulous card Lora. I love the colours and that image too. Thanks for joining in with Daisy May this week and good luck with your new DT. Love Cynthia x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a gorgeous card, I love the image and the colours. I've got the oval nesties and there fab, but a must have is the magnetic plate for creating frames.craft addict janex

Anonymous said...

gorgeous I love the pretty colours x

Linda . J said...

Hi Lora wow what a beautiful card and I just the image and the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us over at Cute Daisy May this week.
Hugs linda

Becky said...

What a beautiful card Lora!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Cute Daisy May.
Love Becky xx

Linnie said...

hi Lora
welcome back to the challenge
really fab card great colour combination and layout
thankyou for joining us this week
luv
linniex

debby4000 said...

Beautiful sweet card, gorgeous image.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

your card is so wonderful. I like it. It's so cute.
Thanks for joining us this week.
Hugs Tina46
(SWF-Team)